Machined Aluminum Tusken Raider Parts

RacerX45

I'm working on making my own Tusken Raider mask and am wondering what a fair price is to have the aluminum parts (4 horns, 2 tusks and the eyes) machined? My neighbor works at a machine shop and tells me that they can do it for between $150 and $200 a set (depends on the amount of time a set takes to make). Since I've never done this before, I'm just wondering if anyone can chime in as to whether that's a fair price? Thanks.

Randy

I can probably get them done for you cheaper, if you can trust me enough to send me the blueprints to get a quote.

Or you can turn this into an interest thread and get like 10 sets or more made, so that the price per set will go down.

SaberFreak,

Thanks for the offer but for now I think I'm going to try to get him to lower his price. I'm only planning to make one mask right now and since he's my neighbor I'd like to give him a shot at making these first. If he can't do them cheaper, I'll let you know since I might make more masks in the future. Thanks.

Randy

I think I paid roughly $125 for a set a few years ago but it was a set from a run so the price was a little cheaper. When one set is being made, the price is always higher.

I'd ask him to make 10 sets and sell the rest here or on eBay. You might even cover the cost of your own personal set of parts.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back