Machiko Wins @ Toycon 2010

izabel1

Toycon 2010

Date: June 19-20, 2010

=====

We had an interesting week. lol. Last June 19 we attended the Toycon 2010.

For the individual cosplay competition, we decided to compete with our Predator since we didn't finish our Guyvers. We we're really tight on schedule so we decided to finish the suits for the next events. o_O

Anyway, when we were about to register we suddenly remembered something - we forgot Don Robert's predator monster mask. wah! So it was only me who entered the competition using Machiko.

pict0376i.jpg.png

After the catwalk, I changed to Black Canary again and went to have dinner at KFC. While eating, a friend texted Robert saying I was being paged to the cosplay area. HUH?:? I went back then I was asked to suit up because I won. HUH??????? :?:?:?

I wasn't expecting it really. But it's so cool. I won for the TV & movie category (although they didn't probably know that Machiko is really based from a toy. hehehe). There were 6 winners - one for each category - Anime, DC (because it's DC's anniv after all), Chibi, TV & movie, Toys & Game.

This is my cosplay anniversary. And this is my anniversary convention. And apparently my very first win for the cosplay competition. REALLY COOL! But despite that, something disappointing still happened - I wasn't called on the stage (WTH?!) There was a mix-up on the awards and I don't know what happened but they didn't call me up. They had me suited up and waited then didn't call my name. HAIZ. It was disappointing even Robert was pissed. The organizers said that the plaques had erroneous categories printed on them and explained. I just told them well if that had been tha case then you should have just called everyone up then explained after when they go down that there are some mistakes on the plaques and that it will just be fixed first before we take it home. Oh well. Actually when I wasn't called I thought there had been a mistake of me being there but people already told me that I won when they saw me and congratulated me even. I said if I only knew then i shouldn't have suited up again ( it takes time to wear Machiko you know). Anyway, I did get my prizes and the plaque but yeah it sucked that I wasn't called on stage. :eek:

pict0395q.jpg.png

pict0398.jpg.png

Robert's wish of me winning came true already. :cry: He always said he wanted me to win. And I do thank him because he's the one who made the costume.

PREDATORS RULE!

It takes time to wear Machiko you know
Congrats on your win, Prizes, and Plaque. You are right it does take a lot to wear a costume like that, but that is why we Predators do what we do because no one else has the guts to do it.
Cheers Izabel!!

Izabel,

congrats on the win o_O :eek:

Excellent costume, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to the Sheela one

---
Ei'luj

Congrats on your win, Prizes, and Plaque. You are right it does take a lot to wear a costume like that, but that is why we Predators do what we do because no one else has the guts to do it.
Cheers Izabel!!

right on! PREDATOR RULESSSSS!

Congrats on the win. Always good to see a Pred win.

thanks. :(

......insert roaring crowd noise here.

Congrats on the win! Suit looks great.

RRRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!

Yup. Will be working on it. ;)

congrats on your win....

Congratulations on the win Great coustume!!!

Hey nice one on the win! You look very pleased, and quite rightly so too. Well done!

Thank you all. ;)

nice work,you won,you got a grate suit and you got to eat a KFC. right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
still cant wait 4 predators

Actually, I ddin't get to finish my dinner because I had to up. :) Don Rob will also be doing a suit based on the Predators. ;)

congrats po! very nice suit, i just noticed we didn't got a picture of you...

hey, by the way, we still didn't received Chii's trophy. but sir vic said we should get it by wednesday next week! hopefully...

see you next time po! more power and God bless!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back