M72 LAW 3D printable

Great job, very well done.

I find it very interesting that they decided to add a rail to the A7 model. I have to wonder why they thought that it was good idea to mount an optic on a one shot disposable weapon?

Great job, very well done.

I find it very interesting that they decided to add a rail to the A7 model. I have to wonder why they thought that it was good idea to mount an optic on a one shot disposable weapon?

Yeah really. The picatinny is just plastic though. They also added a rail of some sort to accommodate a laser. They're not supposed to throw the spent tubes away, so hopefully after they fire they take all the attachments off to be used again....or else the enemy will be getting new equipment.

TazMan2000

Yeah really. The picatinny is just plastic though. They also added a rail of some sort to accommodate a laser. They're not supposed to throw the spent tubes away, so hopefully after they fire they take all the attachments off to be used again....or else the enemy will be getting new equipment.

TazMan2000
This begs another question, how do you sight in any optics or lasers on a one shot weapon?

This begs another question, how do you sight in any optics or lasers on a one shot weapon?

I'm not sure. The LAW was designed to make a low cost, easily deployable, weapon that would enable every soldier to be a tank killer. That's not quite the way it turned out, but the idea was sound. From what I've read, engagements over 150 yards were 50 percent effective lessening the longer out. Whenever the tank is in range, the soldier has been in range for much longer. With IR technology the tank can see the enemy. Only the most recent versions of the M72 had the capability of firing in an enclosed space, and by enclosed, I mean a large empty room.
However, for engagements that are less based on technology and thinner skinned vehicles...basically guerilla warfare, it is still extremely useful.
Any attachment that improves your accuracy, even if not boresighted is valuable.

TazMan2000

TazMan2000

Excellent build!
I have a deactivated M72 but the markings and stickers have long since worn away.
Would you please be able to upload the graphic files you used to make the stickers…so I could re-paint and re-apply new stickers for a fresh look?

Here's the A6-A7 model. Still have some cleanup to do and also need to make the rear sight. The PIcatinny mount was easier to make than I thought since I managed to find exact measurements for the mount part.

I also found a nice closeup of the stickers on the side of the unit. I corrected for the roundness to get a pretty good representation of them and cleaned them up to be pristine. I believe the model markings in yellow on the side of these units was always painted on, but I will make stickers of that as well.

Hopefully by the weekend I can start some 'test fit' printing.
View attachment 1409244View attachment 1409245

TazMan2000
I'd like to get a copy of the stl for the front sight if possible. I have a real M72A7 with a broken front sight. I could get any other measurements you want from it. I also have an m72a2, RPG-75, and a PIAT if you are interested in making any other anti-tank props. I will be adding an RPG2, AT4, and RPG7 to the collection soon.

I'd like to get a copy of the stl for the front sight if possible. I have a real M72A7 with a broken front sight. I could get any other measurements you want from it. I also have an m72a2, RPG-75, and a PIAT if you are interested in making any other anti-tank props. I will be adding an RPG2, AT4, and RPG7 to the collection soon.

I'm not certain if my sight will fit on the real one. As I mentioned, I was working from photos and most likely got some of the measurements wrong.

TazMan2000

But perhaps I can model you a similar one if you can get me the measurements of the broken sight.

Some of those anti-tank weapons might be interesting to model in the future.

TazMan2000
Sorry, by broken I really mean missing. I have access to solid modeling software so if I had the STL I could make adjustments to get it to fit. I just need it to look good on the wall.

Incredible work Taz! I just got ahold of a deact M72A3 and yours looks identical!

Sadly mine is missing some parts like the rubber buttons and the sights. Was just wondering if you had listed the .stl's for sale or if they were available in some form? I saw you mentioned that they may not fit a real one, similar to Krinkov, I've got a printer and modelling software, just I don't have the skill in actual complete modelling at the moment! :oops:

*edit Oh and the stickers! I've got the instructions on the side but not the back blast label.

Do you have any advice on what kind of springs to look for, for the sights? I'll admit I've got no clue what to even search for!

Last edited:
Incredible work Taz! I just got ahold of a deact M72A3 and yours looks identical!

Sadly mine is missing some parts like the rubber buttons and the sights. Was just wondering if you had listed the .stl's for sale or if they were available in some form? I saw you mentioned that they may not fit a real one, similar to Krinkov, I've got a printer and modelling software, just I don't have the skill in actual complete modelling at the moment! :oops:

*edit Oh and the stickers! I've got the instructions on the side but not the back blast label.

Do you have any advice on what kind of springs to look for, for the sights? I'll admit I've got no clue what to even search for!

Hi Khaos

The models are available on Cults3D.com. I was working off pictures, so there may be some errors with camera lens distortion, but it should be pretty accurate in length collapsed and extended.

I've used some springs I've purchased at hardware stores an mechanical stuff I've taken apart. But you can actually make your own custom springs using thin piano wire available at RC aircraft stores. You might have to experiment a bit.

We have a store here in most Canadian cities that is called Princess Auto. It has tons of tools, surplus items and China made hardware. Cheap but adequate.

TazMan2000

I made some rockets for the M72A7 as well as the M72E10. In addition I also made some display supports for the M72 LAW. There are several versions between the M72A7 and M72E10 but all share a common body. The body of the M72E11 and sighting mechanism is s slightly different. It's difficult to find info on the more modern versions.

2.jpg

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back