M72 LAW 3D printable

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Master Member
Great job, very well done.

I find it very interesting that they decided to add a rail to the A7 model. I have to wonder why they thought that it was good idea to mount an optic on a one shot disposable weapon?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TazMan2000

Master Member
Great job, very well done.

I find it very interesting that they decided to add a rail to the A7 model. I have to wonder why they thought that it was good idea to mount an optic on a one shot disposable weapon?

Yeah really. The picatinny is just plastic though. They also added a rail of some sort to accommodate a laser. They're not supposed to throw the spent tubes away, so hopefully after they fire they take all the attachments off to be used again....or else the enemy will be getting new equipment.

TazMan2000

Riceball

Master Member
Yeah really. The picatinny is just plastic though. They also added a rail of some sort to accommodate a laser. They're not supposed to throw the spent tubes away, so hopefully after they fire they take all the attachments off to be used again....or else the enemy will be getting new equipment.

TazMan2000
This begs another question, how do you sight in any optics or lasers on a one shot weapon?

TazMan2000

Master Member
This begs another question, how do you sight in any optics or lasers on a one shot weapon?

I'm not sure. The LAW was designed to make a low cost, easily deployable, weapon that would enable every soldier to be a tank killer. That's not quite the way it turned out, but the idea was sound. From what I've read, engagements over 150 yards were 50 percent effective lessening the longer out. Whenever the tank is in range, the soldier has been in range for much longer. With IR technology the tank can see the enemy. Only the most recent versions of the M72 had the capability of firing in an enclosed space, and by enclosed, I mean a large empty room.
However, for engagements that are less based on technology and thinner skinned vehicles...basically guerilla warfare, it is still extremely useful.
Any attachment that improves your accuracy, even if not boresighted is valuable.

TazMan2000