M7 Bayonet Build for Vietnam Zombie costume

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's another prop I've made to go with the 'Nam zombie costume I'm working on for DragonCon. This, along with http://www.therpf.com/f9/law-rocket-launcher-scratchbuild-holds-beer-new-pics-116057/ and this http://www.therpf.com/f9/m79-grenade-launcher-scratchbuilt-wip-113111/ & various grenades and an M3 SMG, should cover the weapons part of the gig. Just gotta start the face sculpt now.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is truly amazing, as are your other scratch builds. I have a real M7 and a LAW tube and these are both damn near spot on. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the full costume.

BTW, if you need grenades, let me know. I made a mold of a "lemon" grenade and cast some nice Foam-filled/Resin cast grenades with real plungers. Keeps things realistic but nice and light.

Reveal to us...
what did you use to checker the grips?

_A

It was a vinyl screen mesh. I thinned some epoxy and coated the handle with it then pressed the mesh into the glue. After it dried, I sprayed it with several coats of PlastiDip rubber coating. So it gives it both texture and a rubbery grip.
I got the idea for the mesh from this thread I started, so I have to give them credit. There are lots of ideas there but this one just seemed to suit my needs best.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/simulating-gun-grip-texture-117302/

Just checked that thread and was coming back here to edit my post...But anyways, damn that looks good. And thanks.

_A

I've got a complete Vietnam kit and will be at Dcon this year. Maybe we should hang?
Definitely. Have to get some cool pics in costume. Unless I find some inexpensive used BDU's before then, I'm afraid my uniform won't be that accurate like yours though. That's one reason I'm concentrating on the props right now and hoping to find something better. When it gets closer to Sept., I'll shoot you a PM and we'll figure out how to meet up.

BTW, if you need grenades, let me know. I made a mold of a "lemon" grenade and cast some nice Foam-filled/Resin cast grenades with real plungers. Keeps things realistic but nice and light.
I should be good on grenades, but thanks. Foam's a good idea, nice and light. I've made a mold of a real one also and am slush casting them in resin so they're hollow. I also have a 'baseball' style, smoke and 40mm grenades that I'm working on. If all goes well, I may be selling a few on here. I figure the more crap I have hanging off my uniform will hide the fact that its not that accurate!:confused

Here's the finished piece with the leg strap and cloth part of the sheath. Still probably going to do a little distressing and weathering on it, but that will be later.
attachment.php

I was watching that last week and I was trying to tell what his helmet said. That would be pretty cool. The zombie character I'm trying to do has "Meat Grinder" on his.
attachment.php

On 68zombie.com. there is a link to an app that has the first one shot issue, but I think its for sale. There are a bunch of art shots on there and their Facebook page. The new 4 volume series is currently running with #3 coming out soon.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back