m4vrick Greedo Killer build

m4vrick

Hello all, this be my build for the Greedo Killer: Assembly & Finish. The blaster is now done; but thought of sharing it to fellow enthusiasts.

Ingredients:
- Gold MGC C96
- Field Marshall anodized Scope Mount
- Solo Hold Heat Sink
- Weaver rings 1"
- Compac Super 2 1/2
- M9 flash hider

The assembly:

IMG_6552.jpg
IMG_6541.JPG
IMG_6542.JPG
IMG_6543.jpg
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6545.JPG
IMG_6546.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG
IMG_6665.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG

Paint:
I initially went for the bluing (already did) but the result didn't meet up to expectations plus, referencing on screen & the Star Wars Chronicles (thanks @johnmiller), i believe screen used was the black MGC & i believe it's black satin.

Btw, did i mention playing around with the MGC was fun?

More coming up

Last edited:
So phase two: Stripped off the bluing, and painted it black satin. The gloss of the paint, i was pretty pleased with... Some parts were left unpainted, of course, to emulate the black MGC.

IMG_6676.JPG
IMG_6675.jpg
IMG_6666.jpg
IMG_6663.jpg
IMG_6554.JPG

Extra careful with these parts here, weathered accordingly... little sanding on the scope mount for what i perceive as added accuracy.

IMG_6664.JPG

And Voila, a new GK is born on this also special day for me!

GK_FrontView.jpg

And this, pardon my shameless "failed" attempt to emulate that split second screen time on the GK:

D2FC4E5B-CCE9-43BC-871A-9EC882C5E995.jpg

That's it for now. This, of course, is far from perfect guys,
constructive feedbacks are welcomed!

m4vrick

looking awesome, congrats! that's a great prop with great parts!
I think painting the screws black and weathering them a bit would look more accurate probably. :)

Great build! (y)
Man, I would love a real scope & flash hider on mine.
I really like the weathering you did. I do agree with eethan about painting the screws.
Other than that, great build, & gorgeous photos!

Nice! Yeah, definitely paint the screws black, then knock a little off for weathering.

Also, paint the grips black! Or maybe don't, they could just be black and white photos.
ANH_GK_real_right.jpg
ANH_GK_real_left.jpg

It's weird, I always thought they were painted black, until I posted the pics above. I've looked at those pics a thousand times, and only just now noticed that they may actually not be painted black.

I feel like I can see some of the swirls in the plastic, like how an unpainted MGC grip would look.

yeah they probably are not painted but the MGC brown plastic grips are really ugly looking with the rest that is almost uniformy black. The grips on the gold guns are probably a bit better looking but mine are just plain brown plastic :unsure:

I get more and more excited the more I come back to look at this!

I've got to find myself another MGC!! My Compac Super will settle for nothing less! That's really awesome that you found the correct scope, mine was a 4x, and I had to modify it.

yeah they probably are not painted but the MGC brown plastic grips are really ugly looking with the rest that is almost uniformy black. The grips on the gold guns are probably a bit better looking but mine are just plain brown plastic :unsure:

It's weird, I always thought they were painted black, until I posted the pics above. I've looked at those pics a thousand times, and only just now noticed that they may actually not be painted black.

I feel like I can see some of the swirls in the plastic, like how an unpainted MGC grip would look.

No worries on "derailing" the thread lol. We all love discussions here. Tbh, i totally missed painting the nuts black, too focused on some other parts of the build.

Also things to point out (the GK only made two appearances):
- Split second on screen: Weaver rings both in the middle, very slight weathering, and NO flash hider
- Star Wars Chronicles: Weaver rings, one in front of the scope mount, some weathering notably left most dial, with flash hider

Thus i hesitated to weather it... many thanks friends, thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Great build!

That looks like some THICK paint on the GK on screen, I wonder if its the same crap on the V2

Hey, didn’t know you’re a member here too, Vincent!
Great build, perfect outcome!
My second favourite blaster right after a good old E11! :love:

The real scopes make these blasters.
Yeh man, the scopes are sometimes rarer than the blasters.. But this one, thanks to you David, cheers! (y)

Great build!

That looks like some THICK paint on the GK on screen, I wonder if its the same crap on the V2
Thank you sir, V2 ?

Hey, didn’t know you’re a member here too, Vincent!
Great build, perfect outcome!
My second favourite blaster right after a good old E11! :love:
Hello Mr. Vintage, Roger! lol, yea the GK has some character... add me up !

Thank you sir, V2 ?

Yea, Obi Wan's stunt from ANH (that was later recycled for Luke in Jedi) had some nasty thick black paint on it, enough that there was still paint on it years later after being used as a sweaty stunt prop, belt hanger, and a toss around hilt. The light on the rims of the GK mount and discs suggest to me theres a thick layer of paint, and it might be whatever they used on that saber too :D

Beautiful build here, jealous of that scope!

I have a question for you, as I've never had my hands on a vintage Compac scope. Is the white serial number text/logo and the "Nitrogen Filled" text engraved, like the yellow Compac logo? Or are they raised, as if painted or silk screened, etc?

Thanks so much!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back