M41a Display Case

joeranger

Sr Member
Knocked this out in a couple of hours with scrap from cleaning my garage.

Just an initial layout. Feedback welcome. Might be a little cluttered.

6034434.jpeg

You may have all the parts just not the tools. I used a 3/4 piece of laminant shelf material cut on a table saw into 3.5 in strips. I then used the table saw to cut a groove for the glass. A compound miter saw to cut the lengths. The key is the mitered joints.
The back is strips of an old patio table glued to a piece of thin plywood. I painted them metallic grey with a textured "hammered" finish. I then used a ceiling light grid and spayed black and silver.
9192291.jpeg

7167435.jpeg

You may have all the parts just not the tools. I used a 3/4 piece of laminant shelf material cut on a table saw into 3.5 in strips. I then used the table saw to cut a groove for the glass. A compound miter saw to cut the lengths. The key is the mitered joints.
The back is strips of an old patio table glued to a piece of thin plywood. I painted them metallic grey with a textured "hammered" finish. I then used a ceiling light grid and spayed black and silver.
9192291.jpeg

7167435.jpeg

Awesome! I think I may try this for my weapons wall....

Nice! I'm thinking about boxing mine as well to keep dust off it. Damn near everything else I have is boxed, might as well box up the rest.. LOL

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back