M41a Display Case

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

joeranger

Sr Member
Knocked this out in a couple of hours with scrap from cleaning my garage.

Just an initial layout. Feedback welcome. Might be a little cluttered.

6034434.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

joeranger

Sr Member
You may have all the parts just not the tools. I used a 3/4 piece of laminant shelf material cut on a table saw into 3.5 in strips. I then used the table saw to cut a groove for the glass. A compound miter saw to cut the lengths. The key is the mitered joints.
The back is strips of an old patio table glued to a piece of thin plywood. I painted them metallic grey with a textured "hammered" finish. I then used a ceiling light grid and spayed black and silver.
9192291.jpeg

7167435.jpeg

Sean

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You may have all the parts just not the tools. I used a 3/4 piece of laminant shelf material cut on a table saw into 3.5 in strips. I then used the table saw to cut a groove for the glass. A compound miter saw to cut the lengths. The key is the mitered joints.
The back is strips of an old patio table glued to a piece of thin plywood. I painted them metallic grey with a textured "hammered" finish. I then used a ceiling light grid and spayed black and silver.
9192291.jpeg

7167435.jpeg

Awesome! I think I may try this for my weapons wall....

Delmustator

Sr Member
Nice! I'm thinking about boxing mine as well to keep dust off it. Damn near everything else I have is boxed, might as well box up the rest.. LOL

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.