M1A1 Thompson replicas - Hudson vs. Tokyo Marui

Hirohawa

Sr Member
Planning on doing a M41A Pulse Rifle ao I have been looking at the Hudson and Tokyo Marui offerings.

Anybody have experience on these two firing metal replicas? I know the Hudson has real wood but that is not of great imprtance - I was wondering which one is heftier and more like the real firearm in terms of feel and materials.

Thanks

The Marui is one of the heftiest airsoft guns Marui ever made - But given that the Hudson's a cap-firer as opposed to an airsoft I'd imagine that the more important question is what you want it to do?

Hudsons are nice, but very expensive (generally in the $650 - $900+ range, at least based on past auctions I've followed). The wood factor doesn't make an ounce of difference as it all comes off. The fact that it's a blank firer is nice in that all the pieces move and it can sound like a machine gun.

The Maruis are a bit cheaper (between $250 and $350), have a great heft to them and shoot BBs. But, the cocking handle is non functional (no blow back feature) and in order to keep the gun functional, you have to find a place to mount and rewire the battery pack. And that means either making the pack accessable for recharge or replacement. Plus, unless you add a hyperdyne sound kit, it will sound like an electric pencil sharpener when you pull the trigger.

There are pros and cons to either side, so you need to decide what you want the gun to do in the end.

-Fred

You can actually modify the Marui thompson to have the bolt move when it fires. Actually I believe our own Lifehost did a conversion. VERY COOL

I'm pretty happy with my TM :D

12-04-05-PulseRifleA.jpg

12-04-05-PulseRifleB.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KingNothing @ Feb 8 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1415073[/snapback]</div>
You can actually modify the Marui thompson to have the bolt move when it fires. Actually I believe our own Lifehost did a conversion. VERY COOL
[/b]

Is there a link or website for that?

ANyone here use the Hudson on their Pulse rifle?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hirohawa @ Feb 9 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1415187[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KingNothing @ Feb 8 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1415073[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

A Hudson worked OK in mine - I would have gone for a Marui but for some arcane reason full-auto airsofts aren't legal in New Zealand - full auto blank firers seem to be OK although it falls into the same category as a starting pistol so I couldn't import it myself i.e had to buy it from a local firearms dealer.

http://www.b26354.co.nz/hudsonM1A1/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hirohawa @ Feb 9 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]1415187[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KingNothing @ Feb 8 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]1415073[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I believe it's on www.airsoftforums.com Check under modifications, it's been made a sticky. ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0x2UaqiInqk

Here is the link to the youtube video.

The link to the tutorial is in the vidoe description.

Fun mod, just thought I'd post the link in case you might not have found it!

Sorry for the necro post.

Lemme know how the mod goes if you decide to do it, make sure to re-enforce the bolt though.

It looks like a cool mod for sure, but maybe I'm missing something. I didn't see anything about attaching the cocking handle plate to anything that moves. I found the TM M1A1 breakdown guide that shows how to tear down your Thompson all the way, but nothing specifically to that mod.

Any in-depth explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back