M1 Terminator Endo Skull

mutronics

Sr Member
Hi Guys

Just finished painting my M1 Terminator Skull and thought id post some pics.

The gloss black went down a little bit lumpy in places, i didn't have it thinned quite enough but i think it looks ok. Like hes been a bit in the wars

Here's the pics

Cheers

Pete

(Might have to replace my Grey Zon Avatar)

DSC06320.JPGDSC06337.JPGDSC06349.JPGDSC06384.JPGDSC06388.JPG

I think your being a bit harsh on yourself. Probably one of the best Alclad finishes I’ve seen.
Is this a kit?

I think your being a bit harsh on yourself. Probably one of the best Alclad finishes I’ve seen.
Is this a kit?

Thanks Pro Mod! Its not to bad but i can see places where it could be much smoother! Yeap it's a resin kit, i'll get the gloss black right on the next one.

I like it a lot! Really looks like metal!

Rich

Thanks Rich! I've not found anything better than Alclad Chrome for the metal look yet. I might try the Alclad Steel for the next one though.

Pete

Correction, it's a vinyl kit ;)
And your is looking mighty fine. How did you do the eyes? Do you have any build pics? :)

Thanks! The original is vinyl this one is resin though. Sorry I didn't really take any build up pics. The eyes are just copies of the red ones but in clear. I need to sand them more on the back so they are more glass like and not so white.

Easily one of the best Alclads I've seen. It looks fantastic man. Did you clear coat it??

Ben

Thanks again Ben! No i haven't clear coated it as it seems to take away the shine. The drawback to not clear coating though is it can mark and tarnish easily. I've sprayed up a couple of other scrap pieces to see how best to deal with it if it does tarnish or marks or why it tarnishes. Is it just oil from fingers or will water tarnish it? I'm gonna have a play about with it and see whats what.

Pete

Thanks again Ben! No i haven't clear coated it as it seems to take away the shine. The drawback to not clear coating though is it can mark and tarnish easily. I've sprayed up a couple of other scrap pieces to see how best to deal with it if it does tarnish or marks or why it tarnishes. Is it just oil from fingers or will water tarnish it? I'm gonna have a play about with it and see whats what.

Pete

Cheers Pete. The reason I ask is that I want to do a full Endo in the stuff and really want it durable so wanted to put a clear on it. I've heard lots of different methods from Alclads own clear to floor polish through and airbrush. People seem to have their own success and failures with each and nothing seems to be definitive. I look forward to seeing how you go with it. Again you've really knocked it out of the park with the finish man. ;)

Ben

Thanks! The original is vinyl this one is resin though. Sorry I didn't really take any build up pics. The eyes are just copies of the red ones but in clear. I need to sand them more on the back so they are more glass like and not so white.

It still looks pretty good

Cheers Pete. The reason I ask is that I want to do a full Endo in the stuff and really want it durable so wanted to put a clear on it. I've heard lots of different methods from Alclads own clear to floor polish through and airbrush. People seem to have their own success and failures with each and nothing seems to be definitive. I look forward to seeing how you go with it. Again you've really knocked it out of the park with the finish man. ;)

Ben

Well according to the Stan Winston Studio guys, expensive automotive primer and clear coat is the way to go. That is what I'll do :) all in the spirit of John Hammond's own mantra "spared no expense" :D

It still looks pretty good

Well according to the Stan Winston Studio guys, expensive automotive primer and clear coat is the way to go. That is what I'll do :) all in the spirit of John Hammond's own mantra "spared no expense" :D

Ha I never heard that.awesome!! I'll look into that too. I have the paint up dvd from SWS school which I've watched once.Did they mention automotive clear on that? If they did I must have missed it.Have to watch it again. :)

Ben

I would just do some test pieces first, all the information iv'e seen says that to clear coat Alclad will dull it slightly. I read that spaz stix (not used it) can be a bit more hard wearing than Alclad but will still dull with a clear coat. I keep meaning to get that metal painting dvd from SWS, it looks great.

Yeah, definitely do small test pieces! I have lately been buying a few different types of cheap spray can chrome just to see a few different types of finishes on different types of material also(latex, wood, plastic resin).

Ha I never heard that.awesome!! I'll look into that too. I have the paint up dvd from SWS school which I've watched once.Did they mention automotive clear on that? If they did I must have missed it.Have to watch it again. :)

Ben

I have watched it four times and will definitely watch it a few more times. It's just filled with great info, tips and tricks :D

Yeah, definitely do small test pieces! I have lately been buying a few different types of cheap spray can chrome just to see a few different types of finishes on different types of material also(latex, wood, plastic resin).

I have watched it four times and will definitely watch it a few more times. It's just filled with great info, tips and tricks :D

Did you get any good results with the other chrome spray paints? I found Plasticote gold to be the best gold in a can.

Did you get any good results with the other chrome spray paints? I found Plasticote gold to be the best gold in a can.

Well, if by good you mean "chrome-like" then no. Ok, I just took these with my phone. As you can see they are shiny and metallic looking, but definitely not chrome-like.
spraycan.jpg
Compared to aluminum tape

Also I can't really(yet) experiment with different alclads since the recommended expensive automotive primers and such are very difficult to get shipped to Europe it would seem. :(
And when you e-mail some companies regarding shipping to Europe they either tend to just say no or not reply at all. One of the latter did bother to send a linkedin friend request, yet refused to reply to any e-mail :wacko
alclads.jpg

Well, if by good you mean "chrome-like" then no. Ok, I just took these with my phone. As you can see they are shiny and metallic looking, but definitely not chrome-like.
View attachment 614575
Compared to aluminum tape

Also I can't really(yet) experiment with different alclads since the recommended expensive automotive primers and such are very difficult to get shipped to Europe it would seem. :(
And when you e-mail some companies regarding shipping to Europe they either tend to just say no or not reply at all. One of the latter did bother to send a linkedin friend request, yet refused to reply to any e-mail :wacko
View attachment 614576

Yeah its difficult getting replies from people sometimes. You should have said yes to his friend request, he might have answered you then! lol!

I havent found any other good chrome paint either,other than the alclad. The search continues...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back