lycra or wetsuit, whats your thoughts ?

thebigbadwolf

Sr Member
old
well ive been looking around and im just wondering maybe you guys would know, what kind of glue is
good to attach rubber pieces to a lycra suit, something that will withstand sweat also, would epoxy be usable and work??

thanks guys !!

E

SCROLL DOWN,

Last edited by a moderator:
i looked in the other treads and seen some that may work but this is still open as im wanting to glue fabric to latex and not latex to latex,

any help is aperciated

:D

for my alien suit i actually hand sewed on the latex pieces to the lycra suit, gives a much stronger bond and can only be broken be stretching it very hard.

i'd also try some good super glue, i've used it to do a few quick repairs before and there holding on very well, try on a test piece first though

Ernie, wrap a life form or mannequin in plastic wrap. Place the Lycra suit on it. Use barge cement on both the latex piece and on the suit. Let it get tacky for a minute or two, then apply it to the suit. I can't stress enough against super glue for this type of job. It will harden and eventually crack. It is not meant for bonding flexible to flexible materials

Ernie, wrap a life form or mannequin in plastic wrap. Place the Lycra suit on it. Use barge cement on both the latex piece and on the suit. Let it get tacky for a minute or two, then apply it to the suit. I can't stress enough against super glue for this type of job. It will harden and eventually crack. It is not meant for bonding flexible to flexible materials

thanks buddy, thats EXACTLY what im going to do, i got the idea from you in the other topic, thanks guys and george, you guys are awesome !

I've never heard of "barge cement", I've used contact cement for simular projects and its worked great,holds strong and stays flexible .maybe barge cement and contact are pretty close to the same thing?

new

hey guys, in your oppion what is better for long periods of time, lycra or wet suit, i had on my wet suit for around 30 mins and i had a spandex shirt under and
i sweated only a little bit, but it was a pain to take off my legs, it was sticking almost, im very unsure about this, ive never used a wet suit so im worryed
ill die in the sun at sdcc lol PLEASEEE help me out guys !! lol\

i seen some treads with answers but old ones, so id like to see if the option is still the same, my suit is a .05 titinium wetsuit,

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, i wear lycra alot, my pred has one under it, hmm geoge said since its so hard to clean a lycra after glued to latex
it will deteriorate the latex in time, im really unsure now lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back