Luxury liner from BSG - Done-

cylon75

I just got this from timeslip its a 1/1000 scale Luxury liner from BSG its nicely done and its hollow if you want to light it which i was going to but decided it was to small to make it worth it for me so I'm not going to light it .The only thing that I'm not fond of is the two main halves, i wish the seam was done horizontal not vertical it would have been much easier to do because the seam would have not been so visible.

Here's what you get:
004-46.jpg

009-27.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Luxury liner from BSG

Is that the Olympic Carrier from "33"? Good luck with the seam, those can be a PITA to hide, especially with that detail in the back. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup

Re: Luxury liner from BSG -DONE-

Well the seams look like they will turn out OK top better than bottom. And i got the engines on and wings made.But i messed up the very back underside and had to fix it but i don't think you will notice it when its painted

Here's some up to date progress shots:
001-5.jpg

003-35.jpg

005.jpg

009-30.jpg

Last edited:

Got the antenna pieces done couple small pieces left and it will be time to prime.

003-38.jpg

001-22.jpg

006-13.jpg

Added the two side wings and shot it with a coat of primer to see what the seams will look like- They look pretty good the top is better than the bottom but still nice. Had to do a little touch up with seam filler but the pictures are of that done. Paint will be next.

Side wings:
002-45.jpg

Primed:
012-20.jpg

013-17.jpg

014-5.jpg

Decals done,The last shots the build will be posted after the weathering and coat of clear.

009-33.jpg

011-22.jpg

007-29.jpg

Well its done weathered and a coat of clear. Beauty shots will be posted in the next day or so.

004-50.jpg

005-41.jpg

014-13.jpg

034-17.jpg

019-12.jpg

045-1.jpg

011-23.jpg

Hi Cylon,

nice build, as I don't remember seeing this during the TOS Galactica series, I will assume it is from the new series,,, (although, I do not remember seeing it in the new one either, but definatly not an expert on the new series :behave )

I like the detail you put into it, really good work! any specific reasons why you did not want to light it?

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Cylon,

nice build, as I don't remember seeing this during the TOS Galactica series, I will assume it is from the new series,,, (although, I do not remember seeing it in the new one either, but definatly not an expert on the new series :behave )

I like the detail you put into it, really good work! any specific reasons why you did not want to light it?

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks ,as far as the lighting it was to small when i got it in hand to make it come out to my liking. It can be done but not worth it to me.

These are the beauty shots of my Gemon liner that i just finished. The kit is produced by timeslip and is very nicely detailed and makes a nice addition to my fleet, shown in a forced perspective seeing that a bigger scale than most of my fleet.
Hope you enjoy these shots:
073-2.jpg

060-2.jpg

103-1.jpg

093-4.jpg

015-13.jpg

013-20.jpg

124.jpg

097-4.jpg

095.jpg

132-1.jpg

135.jpg

Fleet shots:
116.jpg

118.jpg

053-1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back