Lunar Flag Assembly/ Moon Flag replica prop build

gemini

Hello,
I am new to this forum to seek help and inspiration on my current project. Over the past year I have been attemping to build a replica Lunar Flag Assembly (LFA). The LFA is the flag pole that was raised on the moon. It has an anodized sluminum horizonal rod holding up the flag so it looks like it is flying. Since I started the project, I have done massive amounts of reaserch on the LFA and have even scavanged some original blueprints of it. I pretty much have everything set to start the build, exept one part. There is a hinge that holds the horizontal pole that I have been trying to find something similar. It is like a cap that when the bar is raised above 90 degrees, it latches. The latching part to me isnt crucial, but finding something that looks and holds the bar up is. I am open to any suggestions on how to create it or any of your ideas.

Charlie,

P.S. here are some photos and blueprints of the latch

6-as14-66-9231b.jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.35.56 PM.png Layer.png Background Layer.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.47.55 PM.png

Did you have any luck building a replica of the Lunar Flag Assembly (LFA). I have be trying to find one for years. Saw one on eBay once for sale but missed it. Any leads to where I can get one would be appreciated.

David

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back