SBurrow

I’d like to share some images of screen used 35MM film rolls used on the set of Severance on AppleTV+. Found these images on Reddit. The original poster is u/DueHospital8073, and is noted on the photos.

I’m a HUGE fan of Severance and I think the set design and prop work is just 100%! Definitely recommend checking it out cause season 2 is in production!

Anyone replicate the props or own any screen used pieces? I think we’d all like to see!!

Attachments

• DDE4DD8B-B525-4B39-98D2-CAA1695F37BC.jpeg
    DDE4DD8B-B525-4B39-98D2-CAA1695F37BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • FA77F879-2B0C-46BF-92F9-41D4F15964EC.jpeg
    FA77F879-2B0C-46BF-92F9-41D4F15964EC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • 2A05432C-F3AC-492A-8431-86EDD52CA9CC.jpeg
    2A05432C-F3AC-492A-8431-86EDD52CA9CC.jpeg
    1,018 KB · Views: 103
  • 97D6DB02-121C-460F-ADE7-068EE474654A.jpeg
    97D6DB02-121C-460F-ADE7-068EE474654A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
Parts for this project are starting to find their way to my lab so here is a quick sneak peak. I have identified all parts and 3D modelled the backer plate piece that everything inside the glass chip case is mounted to.

Attachments

• first_test_chip_insides.jpg
    first_test_chip_insides.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 96
First test fit with the parts inside of the capsule. Once the copper coil is delivered to me I'll attach that to the main plate and test again. When the copper is installed it will force the plate to sit higher and it should eliminate the gap that you see between the end of the capsule and the capsule end cap.

The next test fit will also have a slightly longer glass cap as mine isn't quite tall enough. Here's a side by side:

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Lumon_brain_chip_compare.jpg
    Lumon_brain_chip_compare.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 86
To make these available I really need to do a couple of things. First, I need to find someone that can laser cut the middle red disc. It’s 1mm thick frosted red. Second, I need to work on the black microchips. They may not be a found item, but more needs to be done to clean them up. I’m super happy with the copper coils. So more to come!

A lot of trial and error today but I'm super satisfied with the final results. I would feel good about offering these to folks now. Only catch is, the non-necklace version is very fragile. The "cap" is only able to be glued on and there's just not a lot of room to secure it really well. The necklace version doesn't get the cap, so it's super sturdy. Here's my version of the Severance "sevy" brain chip:

Attachments

• scotts_sevy_final.png
    scotts_sevy_final.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
Man this is really outstanding! You really outdid yourself on this. What material is the “tube” component of the chip made of? Is glass or plastic? A++ :love:(y)

The main tube is glass. The tube cap is clear acrylic. The circuit board that everything mounts to is 3D printed, as are the black microchips. The coil is wound by hand and the red led is a real led filed down to fit. Takes about 2 hours or so to make one, but I could cut that down if I did them assembly line style. I have a chain link necklace coming my way to scale the link size for Kobel’s chip necklace. Once I have that I’ll be putting a few up on my Etsy page.

The tolerances for this thing are bonkers, lol. There’s about 3.5mm inside diameter to work with on these tubes. The whole thing crams inside really tight. It’s a little nerve racking trying to get it all inside the tube.

I can appreciate your work here and these tolerances. Years and years ago (seems like another lifetime or timeline anymore) I was a jeweler as a side job. Looks like you have this all dialed in! Your great photos makes these look much larger, so I know how fantastic these are to present this clean, at this stage at 3.5 mm inside diameter. What? Just wow! (y)

I can appreciate your work here and these tolerances. Years and years ago (seems like another lifetime or timeline anymore) I was a jeweler as a side job. Looks like you have this all dialed in! Your great photos makes these look much larger, so I know how fantastic these are to present this clean, at this stage at 3.5 mm inside diameter. What? Just wow! (y)
I read the procedure info according to the shows creators and they said that the drill used to break the skull was .250” diameter. The packaging that the chip is a common size so I deducted that the chip must be about an inch tall.

Yeah. It’s fun painting 1mm tall microchips with a tiny brush :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back