Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero Variations Kit Parts Run (Sign up closed/In Production)

Hi i thought i was on the waiting list too?
Hi. Yes, you are. No worries. This list is still the first run. I had to break it up in to two waves as some had to be sent back/replaced because they were damaged in the mail. I'll be putting up the second run once these last few have gone out. Won't be long now.

*Update*

Hi Everyone. The replacements for the second wave of the first run came in today and they're PERFECT!

Just the usual light tool marks that are to be expected straight off the CNC. I'm going to work my way down through the rest of the list over the course of this week. I'll have them out to everyone ASAP. I'm re-countersinking the ISYHCANL box as I work my way down the list too. This is being done by hand as I don't currently own a pillar drill, so please excuse the less than perfect look of the countersink. This will be permanently covered by the sloth card, but I'd still prefer it to be a little neater.

A couple of notes for those who have received their kits already:

Some of the 3D printed cards had bent/warped slightly by the time I received them. I straightened them back out before sending out but temperature changes in transit may have undone this (as reported by Inigo). please DO NOT try to bend them without heating up first. To straighten back up, fill a bowl with very hot water (from the kettle), place the card in the water for a few seconds and remove using a pair of tongues or a fork. this should get it soft enough to bend back in to shape. Place between two paper towels and sit a big, fat book on top until cool. These 3D cards will also need to be adjusted/rubbed down slightly to fit in to the Hero box. The 3D models were made to fit exactly, but such is the nature of working with 2 different materials/processes, the card will need rubbing down to fit. This should only take a few minutes. You should also allow for whatever primer/paint you intend on using.

The T-Track and the rails have been cut within a MM of the required length. You might find that they need shortening by a fraction of a MM. You may find that they're the perfect length. You certainly won't find them to be too short (This is why I aired on the side of caution). My preferred method for fine tuning the length on these is to fix a piece of fine grit sandpaper to a flat surface and hold the piece at 90 degrees. Incrementally rub down until the exact length is reached. Use the Clamp card as a guide. They should be within a fraction of a mm, so this shouldn't take long at all. The T-Tracks should be primed and painted a mid grey before installing. The Brass rails look best when aged using Burchwood Casey Brass Black. This should be done before installing obviously. Be sure to rub down the surface first, and avoid touching with bare fingers as this will effect the result.

An important thing to mention about this Kit is that it is intended to be as close a replica to the original prop as possible! As such, the construction is not at all practical! :D The original prop was broken and fixed several times due to the fragile nature of it's construction. I recommend using a strong adhesive (JB Weld for me) and once built, handling with care!

Really looking forward to seeing how these turn out for everyone. I'll be starting mine in the next couple of weeks and will probably make a thread of my progress. I just thought I should put out the above notes as people have started to receive their kits already.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best,

Dave

How long are you giving the awaiting payment people.? surely they would have paid by now if they still wanted one.?

I've been in contact with them all, and they've all said they still want them. Once they'r packed up and ready to send I'll need to push for payment obviously, as I can't send them out before, and up to now I've paid for them out of my own money.

It's been a lot of work getting these out, and I'm just about ready to send the last ones out today, so we're getting to the point where I'll know for sure in the next few days.

The second run is not going to be too far off now either. Thanks for your patience.

*Update*

Hey everyone. I'm going to be sending the last couple of paid kits out today. I've not had a chance to get one of these finished yet, but I did just have a little play around this morning.

These are all just held together with BlueTack and the parts are all unpainted, but you get the idea:

106124731_611442899477833_1356248514571798821_n.jpg
80229269_398578787755556_5201450096219701375_n.jpg
103105944_702810166953505_5131922152691778820_n.jpg

It all fits together rather nicely :)

One thing that I have noticed when screwing in the plate... you may want to drill the holes for the plate a little deeper in the control box.

Otherwise, they do stick out a little further than I'd like. I'm hoping everyone has access to a Dremel?

It took me 2min to just drill them down that little bit further to get the screws looking a bit more flush.

IMG_20200629_104022~2[2476].jpg

Hopefully this isn't a problem for anyone? I've done my best to get everything going together as easily as possible, but this is my first time putting these parts together too.

If there is anyone that doesn't feel comfortable doing this, there is the option of filing down the screws slightly (or completely) and fixing with adhesive.

Then there is the option of sending the part back to me and I'd be happy to do it for you if necessary.

Hope that sounds ok for everyone. Hope everyone is happy with the kits when they arrive too.

All the best,

Dave

That's looking amazing! I got my tracking over the weekend, cant wait! Hopefully international shipping has sped up a bit in the last few weeks!

That's looking amazing! I got my tracking over the weekend, cant wait! Hopefully international shipping has sped up a bit in the last few weeks!
They do seem to be getting through ok, although, no-on in the US has received theirs yet. They're all on the move though, which is good.

Hope it doesn't take too long.

Thanks again!

Received mine today in Indiana, USA. Haven’t got to open it yet :(

Great to hear that it got there at least. It's looking like everyone's are starting to arrive now. Hope it's not too long before you get to take a look.

View attachment 1319403
Just got the package! Oh, my God! I love it!(y)

Really glad to hear that they got there OK and that you're happy with them! Thanks again! :)

It's not finished yet, but I can't wait to take some photos. Now I share it! (y)
I really like your amazing design on the inside of the control box! And put in my favorite decorative circuit board!(y)
I used The Old Blue of Mr. Rogers for the Hero card, the effect is very good!(y)

Looking great. What have you used for light pattern? Can be that pattern changed for a more cave scene? And where can be purchased?

Looking great. What have you used for light pattern? Can be that pattern changed for a more cave scene? And where can be purchased?

View attachment 1321237
I don't know the model of this chip, but I can tell you where to buy it. However, it can use the chip LED with IC to achieve 5 different flashing effects, including flash per second, flash 3 times in 3 seconds, single flash 3 times in a row, and constant lighting effect.
The chip can accommodate two different kinds of LED chips, and can be switched back and forth through the three shift toggle switch.
I have never tried to control two patch leds with two buttons on one chip. Theoretically, it should be ok.
The box can hold up to three such chips, each powered by 3V.
If you want the same flicker effect as the cave scene, you may not be able to do it.:(

Last edited:
Does anyone know the size of the control box triangle plate screws? Lost one, found it, and lost one again but didnt hear it hit the ground so pretty much planning to just order a bunch online if I can.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back