Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero Variations Kit Parts Run (Sign up closed/In Production)

interested here
Hey, Fekali. Sign up's closed now unfortunately, as all the orders are in for the various parts. There are a couple of people waiting to see if any spots open up. I can add you to that list if you like? As soon as this run is completed I'll get an interest thread up for a second run. I can give you a shout as soon as it's up. (y)

SaiyanCookie kindly sent these images through:

20200418_183438.jpg
20200418_183444.jpg
20200418_183524.jpg

Printed with a layer height of 0.12mm in PLA on an Ender 3.

Really impressed with how it turned out in PLA!

The card that comes with the kit will be printed in Formlabs Pro Resin at 25 microns, so will be higher resolution, but it's great that it still holds up when printed in PLA, for those wishing to print these out for themselves.

Thanks again for the photos!

I'll get some images up of the cards that will be included in the kit as soon as they arrive.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey, Fekali. Sign up's closed now unfortunately, as all the orders are in for the various parts. There are a couple of people waiting to see if any spots open up. I can add you to that list if you like? As soon as this run is completed I'll get an interest thread up for a second run. I can give you a shout as soon as it's up. (y)
Yes please ! thanks

With the current world situation I can step aside and free up a spot for someone waiting for one.

Hey. Finally i give a try and painted it. ALso sanded to fit into starkiller saber.
Pictures are cellphone camera, but not too bad :)
Hope you like it. I might accept printing and painting commissions. Small run.

PS: My finger is not bleeding, is just paint :) And tri-ring is 3D printed (resin)

01.jpg
IMG_5267.JPG
IMG_5266.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG

Last edited:
For those who are interested in printing their own reveal board, my original model is now up on Thingiverse.

You can get it here: Hero Card

I will get round to setting up a Shapeways account soon so that people who don't have their own printer can get one printed.

Or if you know someone who can print it out for you, even better. Enjoy. :)

For those who are interested in printing their own reveal board, my original model is now up on Thingiverse.

You can get it here: Hero Card

I will get round to setting up a Shapeways account soon so that people who don't have their own printer can get one printed.

Or if you know someone who can print it out for you, even better. Enjoy. :)

Upload mine instead. Give me your email and i will send it to you.

Just curious, is anyone planning to add electronics to theirs to match the ROTJ footage of Luke assembling the saber? This would be to light up the red/green triangles via the black button(s) somehow.

I didn't have a problem with you remodelling, Inigou. I did say to use as you like after all. But it wouldn't be my model, so I'll just leave it as it is if that's ok. Thanks for the offer though. Feel free to share yours as well, by all means. It turned out great! I modelled the original with sharp edges intentionally, as I wanted to keep the details as crisp as possible.

I didn't have a problem with you remodelling, Inigou. I did say to use as you like after all. But it wouldn't be my model, so I'll just leave it as it is if that's ok. Thanks for the offer though. Feel free to share yours as well, by all means. It turned out great! I modelled the original with sharp edges intentionally, as I wanted to keep the details as crisp as possible.
already posted dropbox link.
Thank you Dave! Very excited to get your kit

Just curious, is anyone planning to add electronics to theirs to match the ROTJ footage of Luke assembling the saber? This would be to light up the red/green triangles via the black button(s) somehow.
The kit comes with two 5mm LEDs that sit behind the triangles. I've left the wiring up to those buying the kit though. I'll be wiring mine to a simple alternating circuit that will be either on or off. Other people might want to do something more interactive.

Just a little courtesy update for everyone....

The jig for making the tri-rings turned up. Just waiting on an additional G-Clamp that's needed for it to work. Really excited about the rings though. They're going to be perfect! (y)

I've had confirmation of the first part being finished! It's the laser-cut plates for the Hero's control box! These are currently "in transit"! It's great that these are going to arrive first, as it gives me a chance to check the triangles for size.

I'll be countersinking these by hand too with the Dremil, so gives me chance to get that done before the main parts get here.

I've made up all the boxes for the kits too and portioned out the various fixings in to little baggies.

Still waiting to hear back about getting some photos of the CNC'd parts. If/when I receive any, I'll get them posted on here.

Anyway, nothing major to report. Just wanted to keep everyone updated.

Hope everyone's keeping safe and well!

All the best,

Dave

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back