Luke's Macrobinoculars - Couple of Quick Questions.

Gary Weaver II

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Afternoon gang. I decided to go back and revisit Lukes Macros after I don't know how many years. I spent a fairly good chunk of funds on ebay getting alot of the base parts except for the Kaligar lenses and then found a finished buildup with real lenses on the evil-bay. Considering what just a single Kalimar camera sells for these days it would have been stupid not to get it - so now I have almost everything for two buildups :)

That means I've picked up just about everything I need so far, but have a few minor hiccups to figure out.

1. Anyone have a source for a "close" VTR plug on the side? I'm going to go with one of Troopers castings for now, but would really like to put on a real metal part if possible.

2. What has anyone used to put a working camera and screen in their Macros? I know a few of you have already been down this road, so I thought it better to ask first.

Thanks in advance
-Gary

My Ebay macros showed up today. Looks like I will still get to enjoy building a set as this one is pretty much good for only the original Kaligar Lenses and a couple other oddball bits.

One thing I don't have is the hood frame from the Kalimar camera. Can anyone share some pics of the frame by itself so I can see about scratch building one up for my build?

Thanks
Gary

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back