Lukes Landspeeder referance pix

Johda

Ive done several searches on the boards and havnt found anything.
im trying to locate ref pix of lukes landspeeder from sw a new hope ep 4.
my plan is to build a 1/6th scale and it seem pix of the speeder are very hard to come by. any one have an knowledge of pic locations?
thx guys

The book, "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucas Film Archives" has two pretty good pics. One of the full-scale prop and one of the model.

Sean

I'm about 50% of the way through a model but I had to refer to the many pics of the full sized speeder in SW Chronicles and SW Technical Journal because I couldn't find many decent shots of the model.

They must exist somewhere though 'cos it was at the Barbican in London.

Neil

ive got these books as well. they do have some referance but not enough to do it all right. so.....we keep looking....thx guys.

Does anyone know of any kitbashed part used on the studio model?
The front "thing" on the motors should be something to go for?.

Edit: Does anybody know the measurement of the model?

T

well here is what I have so far for dimensions
they are soft dims, I will post hard dims when I know more. I have been looking at every site google could find

charlie

Star Wars X 34 Landspeeder dimensions
the FX miniature dims taken from file landp zoom to 615
basic shapes Length Width Hiegth Dia.
Engines notes
Length 9.25"
Largest Dia. 3.25"
Smallest Dia 1.25"
hiegth

Body
Length 31"
Largest Dia.
Smallest Dia
hiegth 4.75" overall hiegth 9.75"
Width 16" measured across middle of wings
rear deck width 9.25"
Wings
Length 12.5"
Largest Dia.
Smallest Dia
hiegth
Width
aft fin 2" tall overall .75" thick
Cockpit

I hope to scratch build Luke's speeder studio scale model in the near future.

Has anyone identified the models used on the original?
Is the plastic shield scratch formed?

Any information, HI RES photos of the minature would be much appreciated.

Nice. Thanks for the photos

Good Ref shots of the full scale speeder.

I am trying to draw up some blue prints of the studio scale model. Can anyone confirm the speeders dimentions?

I am trying to use the photos of the scaled model as a size reference and draw it in Cad, then scale it to the correct size.

<div class='quotetop'>(seven @ Aug 1 2006, 11:01 PM) [snapback]1292222[/snapback]</div>
Good Ref shots of the full scale.

I am trying to draw up some blue prints of the studio model. Can anyone confirm the speeders dimentions?
[/b]

2 of the last 3 pictures are of the studio model.

<div class='quotetop'>(12Rogues @ Aug 1 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1292227[/snapback]</div>
2 of the last 3 pictures are of the studio model.
[/b]

Those two photos are the biggest ref images I have seen thus far. Does anyone else have any large images of the other sides?

I remembering reading somewhere that ILM used action figure dolls for Luke and Ben, have we Identified these dolls yet?

I am thinking about starting my with a bolsa wood frame and maybe a styrene body.

I am drawing the plans using a top view photo scaled to a 31" length as mentioned earlier. It appears that all three booster engines are identical in shape and size. Should make things alittle eaiser.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I remembering reading somewhere that ILM used action figure dolls for Luke and Ben, have we Identified these dolls yet?[/b]

The Ben looked like one of those Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man figures to me.

That is what they used alright--as I recall they used another for Luke and sculpted some rough Blond hair with putty

<div class='quotetop'>(Pauleysolo @ Aug 9 2006, 09:35 AM) [snapback]1297040[/snapback]</div>
That is what they used alright--as I recall they used another for Luke and sculpted some rough Blond hair with putty
[/b]

I was wondering about Lukes head. For the doll seems to have a bionic eye that is intact on the Obi-Wan Figure, but not on the Luke. Did they redo the entire head or use putty like the hair and sculpted an eye for him?

<div class='quotetop'>(seven @ Jul 31 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1291340[/snapback]</div>
I hope to scratch build Luke's speeder studio scale model in the near future.

Has anyone identified the models used on the original?
Is the plastic shield scratch formed?

Any information, HI RES photos of the minature would be much appreciated.
[/b]
Kewl...looks like you have this well in hand to begin.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

I have been able to pick up two Million Dollar Man Figures for a really good price. So then they arrive I will make little costumes for them as my first step to this model. I hope they will also give me a good scale reference as to how big the speeder really is.

I have noticed looking at the photos of the model, that Obi-wan and C-3PO do not have legs. Obi-Wan's doll also may not have any arms either.

Looking at the pics, I does appear that for luke, they puttied in the bionic eye, painted his head and scuplted new hair.

I was thinking/hoping that the 12" dolls of C-3PO and R2 that you can find now at any local toy shop would be usuable instead of scratch building them. could use their shape and modify them to give them a more accurate look to the model or keep them as is to be more realistic.

I recieved my first Steve Austin Doll. He measures at 13" in height. Using the doll as a size/scale reference I printed out the top view of the Studio Model to "full" size.

All I can say is whow my gosh this is a huge model.

The body measures:
10" Width
33" length (2'-9")

wing span:
19" (1'-7")

engines:
8" length
2 1/2" diameter

(please note: these dimentions are approximate not exact)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back