Luke's Jedi Lightsaber Measurements

meequalspirate

So I recently came across Adam Savage's video where he makes Luke's Jedi Lightsaber on his metal lathe. This has inspired me to dust off my dad's old wood lathe and try my hand at turning one. I don't expect to be super precise, but I wanted to at least start with accurate measurements. With some quick googling I found this picture with measurements made by Martin Taylor. Does anyone know if these are solid measurements or is there somewhere else I can find good measurements?
Picture: Removed

Last edited:
He’s in range.
(Did mention not to redistribute on the image so a link to his page may be more appropriate to respect community guidelines)

His scale is a bit too big though. Should probably examine reference and reduce between 0.7% and 1.03% (which shouldn’t effect much besides overall length). You don’t want the emitter flange to be taller than an any other confirmed thin neck lengths. Feel free to reference the magic of myth Luke Rotj research thread to fill in detail.

He’s in range.
(Did mention not to redistribute on the image so a link to his page may be more appropriate to respect community guidelines)

His scale is a bit too big though. Should probably examine reference and reduce between 0.7% and 1.03% (which shouldn’t effect much besides overall length). You don’t want the emitter flange to be taller than an any other confirmed thin neck lengths. Feel free to reference the magic of myth Luke Rotj research thread to fill in detail.
Oops, replaced the image with a link. Before I was just getting linked to random pinterest posts, managed to dig up the original site with a bit more googling.

I think 1% will certainly be accurate enough for my purposes.

Thanks for pointing out the Magic of Myth thread. I knew there had to be something like that here, couldn't find it though.

Oops, replaced the image with a link. Before I was just getting linked to random pinterest posts, managed to dig up the original site with a bit more googling.

I think 1% will certainly be accurate enough for my purposes.

Thanks for pointing out the Magic of Myth thread. I knew there had to be something like that here, couldn't find it though.
Good on you, thanks for listening. Enjoy that thread. I think there’s enough info there to get you started on the wood lathe… you’re more than welcome to ask questions on the thread and of course translate all that discourse to what you do here. Good luck! ;)

So I recently came across Adam Savage's video where he makes Luke's Jedi Lightsaber on his metal lathe. This has inspired me to dust off my dad's old wood lathe and try my hand at turning one. I don't expect to be super precise, but I wanted to at least start with accurate measurements. With some quick googling I found this picture with measurements made by Martin Taylor. Does anyone know if these are solid measurements or is there somewhere else I can find good measurements?
Picture:
DON'T CLICK THIS LINK. IT'S FULL OF MALWARE!!!

ricky bobby idk GIF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back