Luke's green TLJ lightsaber design thread

I wonder how people would feel about me putting a resin version of this into production (as I did with my Maul run) instead of a metal version.
The reasons for this would be
1. With Roman and Lukenov there are already two readily available TLJ sabers on the market. This would distinguish my product and put it at a different collector's market.
2. It would be more accurate to the prop we know existed. Rather than be an idealized conjecture of something that might have been on set.
3. It would be considerably less expensive, and seeing as how TLJ isn't generally everyone's favorite feel, people might want a dead on accurate but relatively inexpensive prop from that film over a full fx bells and whistles idealization.
When you say that this is more accurate to the prop we know, which one are you referring to? Is it the white glove footage ? Do we know that one of the props was actually resin? Something I probably missed again..

Im on the fence as I like the TFA metal version a little more than the resin "white glove" TLJ version and I also have yet to get a ROTJ Hero...

Who am I kidding though, I would go for either version! I did like the idea of a metal kit that you could use it to make either version though.

Anakin Starkiller I'd be excited about a resin version particularly if you can achieve that interesting cold-cast/brushed looking finish that the original has.

Loneken yes, the saber pictured at the start of this thread (the "white glove" so called due to a prop segment from The Star Wars Show where it was handled with white gloves) seems to be resin.

This is a pic of a phaser project I'm working on. The silver finish on a resin TLJ saber would be similar, I think.
Kelvin Phaser (6).jpg

If you can manage the resin hilt to look like that then Im all in for one. I only wanted a static accurate version of this hilt anyway.

Very keen for it.

I would love a resin cast.

This Obi-Wan is a 3D printed placeholder until Roman restocks his static hilt. Everything is painted with Alumaluster among other things, minus the clamp. I’d love the chance to paint one of these resin hilts up and see just how close I can get it to look like a real metal piece.

Attachments

• 020A441B-8D75-4131-9E65-EB8E4C58EDF6.jpeg
    020A441B-8D75-4131-9E65-EB8E4C58EDF6.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 190
  • AA3090D6-AC68-4E5D-8BCF-993414D9E7B5.jpeg
    AA3090D6-AC68-4E5D-8BCF-993414D9E7B5.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 179
I wonder how people would feel about me putting a resin version of this into production (as I did with my Maul run) instead of a metal version.
The reasons for this would be
1. With Roman and Lukenov there are already two readily available TLJ sabers on the market. This would distinguish my product and put it at a different collector's market.
2. It would be more accurate to the prop we know existed. Rather than be an idealized conjecture of something that might have been on set.
3. It would be considerably less expensive, and seeing as how TLJ isn't generally everyone's favorite feel, people might want a dead on accurate but relatively inexpensive prop from that film over a full fx bells and whistles idealization.

You know ol’ Halliwax is down for a resin one!!

Im on the fence as I like the TFA metal version a little more than the resin "white glove" TLJ version and I also have yet to get a ROTJ Hero...

Who am I kidding though, I would go for either version! I did like the idea of a metal kit that you could use it to make either version though.

We don’t know entirely if that is metal... it’s still missing today

And judging by TFA and how all the props were 3D printed..

If I were a betting man.. I’d say that hilt we see is also 3d printed

Pretty sure TLJ green saber is resin on screen as well.. touched up with CGI

Funny I had a dream I saw the white glove saber in person at comic con lol

I have little doubt that the TLJ saber was the resin saber with significant CGI retouching... It's a shame that they weren't consistent with it, things like the button changing between shots bothers me. Good thing I don't really like the film anyways haha.

Yeah, of course I'm in too... Can't pass up a Starkiller Luke saber even if it's not my favorite version!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back