Luke's Cermonial Jacket Pics Up.

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
I really wanted to the KB VII Uma leather outfit but, it seems it's already available and certainly done well...but I got the bug to do something in leather that's not BLACK...LOL.

I get emails from time to time about Lukes ceremonial jacket from the end of SW and always thought it could be a fun project but never really gave it some serious thought...until now I guess.

First of all....are these already out there....again if that's the case I dont want to bump heads with others so anyone know?

If not I'd like to take a stab at it.

Any idea if this has already been done before?

If not...anyone have good reference pics?

Thanks in advance.

David

Only note I have is that the guy who used to own it said it was a parachute material and not leather. I was kinda surprised by that, but considering the ESB rebel pilots wore the same jackets in orange over their flightsuits, it kinda makes sense.

That said, it would be a VERY cool leather jacket regardless of the original's material :)

Tom

Originally posted by Wampa@Aug 2 2005, 04:33 AM
Only note I have is that the guy who used to own it said it was a parachute material and not leather.  I was kinda surprised by that, but considering the ESB rebel pilots wore the same jackets in orange over their flightsuits, it kinda makes sense.

That said, it would be a VERY cool leather jacket regardless of the original's material :)

Tom
[snapback]1047525[/snapback]​

Hey buddy nice to see you.

Thanks for the tip on the material. I've always suspected it might not be leather, even if it certainly could still work as such.
I've already started getting some emails with cool details and info...hoping to get more as I really dig the idea of working on something that's not all black leather.
That might be why I'm having so much fun with the BTTF2 jacket....:)

David

If you take on this project Dave, I am sure there will be some interest in it. I have seen this come up on several occasions, either here or the Rebel Legion. And knowing the work you have done on other great leather jackets, if there is a guy to do this well, its you.

All the best guy :)

~ Lori

PS...you knew me as Selina at BOTB ;)

Originally posted by Wampa@Aug 1 2005, 08:33 PM
Only note I have is that the guy who used to own it said it was a parachute material and not leather.  I was kinda surprised by that, but considering the ESB rebel pilots wore the same jackets in orange over their flightsuits, it kinda makes sense.

Tom
[snapback]1047525[/snapback]​

Saw one on eBay a while ago made of leather. It looked...off.

I'd sure be interested in one of these jackets done in accurate materials. Leather may be another issue, I've got too many leather coats as it is :lol

(Side note, the yellow outfit is from Kill Bill Volume 1, not 2.)

Originally posted by AlderaanGirl@Aug 2 2005, 04:47 AM
If you take on this project Dave, I am sure there will be some interest in it. I have seen this come up on several occasions, either here or the Rebel Legion.   And knowing the work you have done on other great leather jackets, if there is a guy to do this well, its you.

All the best guy :)

~ Lori

PS...you knew me as Selina at BOTB ;)
[snapback]1047531[/snapback]​

Hey Lori how have you been? :)

Well the emails with reference material have already started arriving...thanks guys.
I'd really like to do this...and different colors will more than likely be possible too.

I'm on this 'color' trip...bored of doing black leather, latex, resin and urethane....

KBII didnt pan out so I want to make this one happen and besides...I can actually wear this myself.....LOL.

I'll start looking into possible materials other than leather. Leather was what I thought it was..but wasnt sure. Seeing as it's not...then leather will only be the alternative if I cant isolate the fabric or similar...same logic we're applying to the BTTF2 Marty jacket...if we can do the same materials then great...if not, suitable and realistic alternatives that will work and make sense. Same here I figure.

Oh and I edited out the word Leather from this threads title...I dont want to get lynched....hahahahahha...:)

David

Wow...
This didnt take long at all.

Thanks to all for the pics so far.

Going to make this one happen.
Different colors will be made available for the different characters too...:)
I'm sure the material wont be hard to get ahold of either.

Fun stuff....going to really dig working on this one.

David

Only two pics I got...
lukejacket2.jpg

lukejacket.jpg

The parachute material deal sounds right; The folds on the shoulder/armit area seem to be soft/numerous for the jacket to be of a heavy or even medium weight leather IMO...

Originally posted by gunnerk19@Aug 2 2005, 05:30 AM
Only two pics I got...
lukejacket2.jpg

lukejacket.jpg

The parachute material deal sounds right; The folds on the shoulder/armit area seem to be soft/numerous for the jacket to be of a heavy or even medium weight leather IMO...
[snapback]1047567[/snapback]​

This is really cool. Thanks for posting these and thanks again for those of you sending them directly to me.
It also seems that with a different collar, and possibly minor changes here and there it's the same thing Luke wears in ESB in his Xwing...the orange jacket under the white vest.

This is getting better and better.

If this is the case then I'll make a version II for the pilot suits too. :)

David

I have asked everywhere about these.. this is one of those things that i've really wanted since before I started costuming or prop collecting. Even though it's not leather.. i reccomend making it thick enough that it maintains that stiff appearance

Check out the episode Dragon's Domain of the show Space:1999. The same jackets are used in that episode. In blue and orange.

Apparently it was a found item.

I´d be interested in one, too, either leather or nylon .

Greedo wore the same Jacket, just with a thin vest thrown over it. And I am sure that there are other characters out there who possibly wore the jacket too.

Michael

Originally posted by micdavis@Aug 2 2005, 05:44 AM
Check out the episode Dragon's Domain of the show Space:1999.  The same jackets are used in that episode. In blue and orange.

Apparently it was a found item.
[snapback]1047574[/snapback]​

You are right.
I've already been sent quite a few pics of those also.

I think this project will be quick and relatively painless...:)

David

Originally posted by DAVIDYR1+Aug 2 2005, 05:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Aug 2 2005, 05:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gunnerk19
@Aug 2 2005, 05:30 AM
Only two pics I got...
lukejacket2.jpg

lukejacket.jpg

[snapback]1047567[/snapback]​

This is really cool. Thanks for posting these and thanks again for those of you sending them directly to me.
It also seems that with a different collar, and possibly minor changes here and there it's the same thing Luke wears in ESB in his Xwing...the orange jacket under the white vest.

This is getting better and better.

If this is the case then I'll make a version II for the pilot suits too. :)

David
[snapback]1047571[/snapback]​
[/b]

Seems the same thing, yes, but is more in keeping with Luke's Snowspeeder suit than his X wing coveralls; The X Wing suit was a rather plain cloth with pockets/slash code cylinders. But, similar to the Snowspeeder suit only in the ribbed effect runing from neck to sleeve... The Speeder suit had a more insulated appearance, thicker neck, was roughly thight lenght or just shy as opposed to Luke's waist lenght Ceremonial jacket, and the ribbing IMO went further down the sleeve, about 3/4 as opposed to the apparent 1/2 length on the Ceremony jacket...

My $.02... :)

Dude, I am so in on one of these, if it goes ahead, I have wanted a jacket like this for at least 15+ years... Keep us posted :)

mike

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back