Luke V2 lever

No one does it intentionally. It's a known and common problem with real Graflexes.
Yeah, I just tried searching for that pic of a book or magazine cover that was a photo of a period photographer with a 4x5 camera & Graflex flash - the side bar on the Graflex clamp was missing and it was just the nut.

No idea which thread it might have been posted in...

What if its some from a spear gun? or something from diving equipment? or since they had lots of war surplus, could it be a locking lever from gun sight or bomb sight?

I thought for a minute that it could be a trigger from a 40's or 50's toy metal space ray gun (the kind that produced sparks). But that doesn't seem very likely... a lot were made of tin and not similar enough in shape, well that I came across. Would be kind of funny if the lever was from a Flash Gordon toy. I hope it turns out to be something camera related. Is it clear what type of metal it was made of?

Have we considered some kind of hand grenade lever? They're probably too big, but some are close in shape.

grenade_M61.gif

I've looked at a bazillion air blow guns since these are lying around in a workshop and are a very good candidate for the V2 lever replacement. Of course we don't know if it was production done or previous owner done. But the rectangular nut on the other side is the common sidebar inner block. So the sidebar just came off. The lever screw could have been original too, and only the lever itself replaced. This to me seems most likely.

Roy

Agreed on only the lever being replaced.

And there really are a bazillion variations of these blow gun levers out there. Without knowing when it was added, it's only a tiny window of 30 years or so of potential matching pieces to look into :lol:.

thoughts on it being an old oxy-acetylene torch head lever. i have one here in my shop from 1980s roughly 3.5in long. thats the oldest i have laying around

gotcha dont have my saber in front of me for reference.
this handle measures .315 ID, hair wider than 5/16. length could be shaved. this is from a smaller than usual portable setup. might be smaller ones from 70s.

gotcha dont have my saber in front of me for reference.
this handle measures .315 ID, hair wider than 5/16. length could be shaved. this is from a smaller than usual portable setup. might be smaller ones from 70s.
I do doubt a cutting torch lever would be so small. Considering the nature of it a finger size trigger would be borderline impossible to feel when wearing cutting PPE much less unreliable. I know there were micro torch flame setups but those aren’t for cutting operations (no lever) just the valves for regulating flow/pressure for small object torching and welding/brazing... unless I’m really out of my element as a metalworker.

86DD8DAE-5176-4796-A7C9-0CFBD1BA0BD4.jpeg

I’m assuming this is about 1/2” tall?
And the whole thing is roughly 1/2” wide?
I think it rules itself out personally

I really feel the trigger for one of these old sparking ray guns calling to meView attachment 1416286
I looked through quite a few photos of these vintage toy ray guns over the last week and couldn't find a trigger that was close. Most are curved in the wrong direction and/or the shape would've had to have been significantly modified. Definitely not discounting it and honestly it would be pretty cool if it was. There have been so many different toy gun models from so many different companies made throughout the years and they were made for small hands which really makes this a great idea.

There seems to be a washer under the lever in post #50

Remember folks this lever were looking at may have been installed in 1976 or 1977 during the assembly of the fx sabers. They had other graflex parts, and replaced the Vader lever with a nail.

De-Mornay Budd had a lever that hung longer than their clamp. Im in the clamp.. wait camp.. that the team got it this way. I have yet to find crown graphics or anything with them though

I'm sure this has been checked to death, but I've often wondered if it's the lever from a soda siphon, as we know they've used some other parts (BOC cartridge holder on the AT-AT driver helmet)

Do we know who made these levers? They got the profile kind of wrong, but they made the center "hump" very rounded on top and they're shiny - those are traits of the real lever that the other replicas lack

Attachments

• custom long lever.jpg
    custom long lever.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 158
Do we know who made these levers? They got the profile kind of wrong, but they made the center "hump" very rounded on top and they're shiny - those are traits of the real lever that the other replicas lack

Pretty sure that's from the Korbanth LS6 Gullwing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back