Luke V2 lever

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AstroZopyros

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yah those are vice grips, meant to be very tough! It's not very likely that one of these, as Brandon said, would be that small. Let alone, be broken apart in some way, as they are meant for heavy usage!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BRRogers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I still believe from early photos on-set the lever started off straight.
Regarding a tie clip; that’s one of the more promising categories (jewelry/ personal accessory); skinny ties would hone it in but what a mountain of hay, I’ve tried looking but it’s a pretty astoundingly large sampling from decades on decades.

BRRogers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
can you doodle up or describe how you thought the lever looked before/after bending?
257C8407-338C-49AB-A9BD-EC9C5631C207.jpeg

This is an older picture before I softened the curves a bit but: red lines overlayed on my stamped lever- is (approximately) the side profile it had before being bent. ([in my stupidity...] I didn’t grab a pic beforehand)

Ref:
285E8C36-9B05-4DF5-8C5C-826E30F5E217.png

Last edited:

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
View attachment 1429522
This is an older picture before I softened the curves a bit but: red lines overlayed on my stamped lever- is (approximately) the side profile it had before being bent. ([in my stupidity...] I didn’t grab a pic beforehand)

Ref:
View attachment 1429529
Oh dear. is that the bts Obi Wan should shot?

To me this is important for the hunt for the original, because, unlike ski boot levers, we're hunting for a flat retaining lever

roygilsing

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
View attachment 1429522

Ref:
View attachment 1429529

Oh yeah, it was definitely straight. Except the end tip: I believe that was bend from the start. You can see the reflection in it in the Obi-wan picture. Maybe it happened during the install in a vise or a pair of pliers (by whomever and whenever it was installed) or maybe the bend tip was always there.

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, this begs the question, if it started out flat, what exactly while being pinned to the clamp would cause it to bulge precisely in the shape that it is?

I just don't know if I'd call it straight based on what exists in photos at this time. And I also see slight curves in the photo...

Last edited:

v312

Maybe they tried to force it to stay closed? I was always wondering why it is open and sticking out pretty much on all stunt pictures, even when they are fighting with it ... looks really uncomfortable thing to grip.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Honestly, without a sharp hinge, or a washer, a lot of levers on clamps can just stay straight when you try to clamp it all the way closed. the V2 lever specifically has a soft hinge curve, meaning there's no corner to snap it closed.