Luke Skywalker Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber question

DarthVeach

Does anyone know when the ANH Black Series Luke Lightsaber is released? I have seen them for sale on places like Ebay, but other sites like EE have them on pre order and not sue out til September. I have been trying to find more info or a place to order one for a decent price, but have yet to find it. Has it been officially released, or have some people just gotten lucky with early ones?

Released last year during Force Friday. You can still find them at retail here and there but right now you either pre-order the next release later this year or buy one on ebay.

They're supposedly re-releasing them sometime in May, and again in September. But places like EB Games (Gamestop for the American RPFers) and Best Buy have them, although they go fast. My fiancee got mine from Best Buy, but they were available on the website for like a week, and then snatched it up. It's really just a matter of timing.

They're supposedly re-releasing them sometime in May, and again in September. But places like EB Games (Gamestop for the American RPFers) and Best Buy have them, although they go fast. My fiancee got mine from Best Buy, but they were available on the website for like a week, and then snatched it up. It's really just a matter of timing.

Yeah I'm signed up for a restock notice on Hasbro.com, but we all know how well those work sometimes! LOL! I am hoping I can find it for retail. Ebay is still a bit inflated for something that is still technically a current item.

Yeah Ebay is bad for it already. I just kept checking on Bestbuy and EntertainmentEarth til we got lucky on it. But then EE pushed the release from April to May, and might do so again. I think Walmart sometimes has them too..? Also this website is sometimes useful (although currently a bit disheartening)

https://www.nowinstock.net/toys/starwars/forcefxlightsabers/

That's an awesome website, thank you. I will keep checking that. As far as I can tell EE is only selling Luke's saber as part of the Wave 2 revision. Don't want all of them. UGH!

No problem! I know your pain all too well.

And I contacted EE about it, they're currently showing it as batches, in both the Wave 2 revision, and the Wave 3. However they've said that once they fill their preorders of those batches, they're gonna sell the remainder off individually, although no word as to how many they'll have left over.

Could somebody clarify something for me? Does the Luke Skywalker "Black Series" Lightsaber in fact have a completely black hilt? Every picture I've seen online for stores that are selling it usually show three different pictures, 1.the "regular silver" lightsaber hilt on the box, 2. a picture of the "regular silver hilt" lightsaber, and 3. a picture of the saber with a full black hilt. It's all so confusing. Why would someone attempting to by a Luke Skywalker Lightsaber want one with an all black hilt?

-Ash

Im sure it can but I'm not sure how easy it would be. You may have to replace a lot of parts, and I think the jury is still out on the BS Luke. I think TCSS will have a kit available if its possible. For example the Yoda is possible but you have to relocate the sound card.

This is for the 2010 model non removeable blade ROTJ (which is different) but will give you an idea of what may be involved.

http://www.saberproject.de/en/sabersmith/fxlightsaberconversions/hasbro/lukeskywalkerrotjconversion

You may be able to find more information here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?15-MR-and-Hasbro-Single-LED-conversions

Can it be converted to a removable blade?

-Ash

My roommate is working on a Force Awakens Luke Skywalker for Halloween this year and it's his first foray into prop replicas and costuming so I am doing some of the footwork for him.

I imagine that either a BLUE Luke or Anakin Skywalker FX Saber would work for him. He is pretty set in his mind on having the removable blade system for his saber so now I am attempting to track one down that's not stupidly marked up by some reseller. It seems to be either current prices are stupid ridiculous on "the bay of e" or every where is out of stock due to people buying them up and then turning around and reselling at these huge markups.

Ugh, stupid supply and demand. I wonder sometimes how people can sleep at night. Ha ha.

-Ash

Tell me about it, I heard they are coming out with a new removeable blade version later this year. I bought my signature series luke and vader at think geek a couple years ago for buy one get one half off. I regret not buying all they different ones they offered.

Does he want it to work still? It may be easier to grab an 05 Master Replicas off ebay. Twenty minutes ago I got a 05 Vader MR for $150 shipped. May be easier to find one like that that has a couple LED'S out and convert it. Alot more info available for the older ones.

Do the new releases of the FX sabers still have the rubberized coating on the grips? That stuff turned sticky after a few years on the old ones...

He is pretty set in his mind on having the removable blade system for his saber...

That will be what makes it expensive. Here is what removable blade FXs have been going for on fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...0&_nkw=fx+removable+blade+lightsaber&_sacat=0

I would be surprised if the new Luke ANH sabers are different internally than the '07 MR or Hasbro models except for a different sound board. Here's a thread on converting the '07:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=12876.0

Not too hard and once converted the sabers are surprisingly rugged. My kids duel with my converted '07 MR Luke ANH, '07 Hasbro Luke ANH and '05 MR Vader all the time with no issues.

Could somebody clarify something for me? Does the Luke Skywalker "Black Series" Lightsaber in fact have a completely black hilt? Every picture I've seen online for stores that are selling it usually show three different pictures, 1.the "regular silver" lightsaber hilt on the box, 2. a picture of the "regular silver hilt" lightsaber, and 3. a picture of the saber with a full black hilt. It's all so confusing. Why would someone attempting to by a Luke Skywalker Lightsaber want one with an all black hilt?

-Ash

I think what you're seeing there is the third picture is taken "in a dark room" to showcase the blade lighting. but yeah they look odd in those pictures. But no, none of them are all black.

I think what you're seeing there is the third picture is taken "in a dark room" to showcase the blade lighting. but yeah they look odd in those pictures. But no, none of them are all black.

Vlair-

This is what I was referring to when I was talking about the "black hilt" on the Black Series Lightsabers. See how the handle appears black but the image on the box is silver.

star-wars-the-force-awakens-black-series-luke-skywalker-force-fx-lightsaber-damaged-package-hasb.jpg

-Ash

I own a BS Luke, its chrome.

The photo of The Saber is probably exposed for the blade, so the body gets darker.

If you lighten the image, you can see it's not black. You can see the stickers on the hilt...

2d1a4d01304da12534c2ade1e51d9bcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back