Luke Skywalker Black Series Helmet accuracy?

jhfagan

Gone but not forgotten.
Hey ya'll
I am not finding much on what, if any, lineage there is to the BS helmet, as there was evident for the Fett BS helmet.
Do we know if Hasbro made a scan of an original X WIng helmet , like eFX did for theirs?
Or is this just an idealized rendering, like the Vader was?

Read The following carefully. It contains opinion and second hand information.

I suspect that if it was scanned, it utilized an X-Wing helmet created for recent movies. (The Rise of Skywalker or Rogue One).

I believe the only screen used “Luke” X-wing movie helmet(s) that knowingly exists is the one that was made for Rey to wear in TRoS.

In 2002, I spoke to one of the guys who ran the prop replica company, ICONS. They were able to go into the archives to research possible projects. They said that LFL only had two x-wing helmets an none of them were screen used. Apparently they were not made to last. The two they did have were replicas made for promotional purposes for a video game. I cannot speak to anything that might have ended up in private collection. But Iif you look close at the one that travelled around with the Magic of the Myth exhibit (I assume that the Luke helmet is one of the promotion replicas), it does not look quite right.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds reasonable to me, that what you're getting for the $ in the BS, I'd be better off that way, and just give it a better weathering/accurate facelift, like I did to my BS ESB Fett to ROTJ.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back