Luke Skywalker and Lady Han Solo Couple Cosplay! (First time, could use help please!)

kickasssloth

Hey everyone! :)

My first RPF post!

I have been a maker since I was 10, have always used the RPF for reference and tell everyone about it, but strangely have never had an account.

Until now! I just moved from australia to america and got married! My wife is quickly becoming a lover of making and has asked me to make the outfits for us for halloween this year, and this is my first major project, and first cosplay!

We are doing me as Luke Skywalker, and her as a lady Han Solo.

So im starting on mine first, our budgets are VERY low, but we are making it work, im super super fussy about details, so I want to work hard on this, leading to my first post..

I have already started work on the props, as you can see, this is my $10 target lightsaber im working on weathering and adding a new blade to...

But Now I have to work on the clothes, First thing im starting on is the pants/leg wrap/boots.

I have some pants already that feel and look like the right fit and everything, and they're free... I already own them.

But as you can see, they need to be a bit lighter color to match these...

has anyone got any ideas/tips? or do you think its close enough to not risk ruining the pants?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Luke Skywalker and Lady Han Solo Couple Cosplay! (First time, could use help plea

If you're just doing the costume for Halloween I'd say that the pants are close enough. You might be able to fade them a bit by washing them a few times, perhaps, but unless you're planning on doing conventions or joining the Rebel Legion where you would want more accurate clothing, the pants would probably be fine.

Re: Luke Skywalker and Lady Han Solo Couple Cosplay! (First time, could use help plea

Excessive washing with fabric softener really faded my GB flight suit. Also hosing it down and letting it bake in the hot sun for a day or two. Be sure if your using the sun trick to flip over the other side and allow same sun time

it's amazing what 1 day or burning sun will do to fade it, take comparison pictures before laying in the sun

Thanks! Might leave them like this for a while, and once we get a chance to go to conventions I'll try making them a bit lighter! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!! Thats a great idea, thank you :)

Depending on the material you could also try a diluted mix of RIT color remover.

No being a jerk or anything but if you are super picky about accuracy why are you using a RotJ saber with a ANH costume?

Hi there and welcome aboard ... those pants are great ... just remember most iconic SW hero pictures are taken with a lot of extra light and thus cloths may appear lighter in color than they usually are . . . i.e. take the TIE-fighters they are more grey/blue for real, yet almost appear white on screen . . . so those pants are cool. Onto your next piece ... that fisherman's hat should be easy to find ;) Indeed for Luke ANH ... I did search for a correct lightsaber on ebay but it's quite hard to find any under $100 and to be accurate enough for ANH. Anakin's ROTS blue one seems to be the best I could find right now in a plastic version. So don't worry about it start tearing those leg/boot wrappers from a piece of cloth the same color as your pants :)

Chaim

I know its not great, but here is a bit of an update.

First costume project so go easy on me! haha

cheap DL-44 off of amazon, painted and weathered, and a vinyl holster doing at least the size as close as I can.

Not the best, I know.. but I'm trying to get as good as I can for less than $50 (because thats all I've got)

I would appreciate any tips or tricks anyone has! Thanks for looking :)

tBCytNV.jpg

y969Q9y.jpg

30IjOur.jpg

xv7NALj.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back