Luke Sith Lightsaber

Here is my take on what Lukes Sith saber might have looked like, if Vader had turned him to the dark side at the end of ESB. I often thought while watching that scene, that if my options were to plunge to an almost certain death, or begin building a relationship with my estranged all powerful father, I would almost certainly chose the latter.

So, for the dark side in all of you, I present to you.

Sins Of the Father

Sins of the Father, Custom Saber. Not fx lightsaber - YouTube

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Awesome saber SF. Really diggin' this one.

DerKrieg, he used a 1" O.D., 3/4" I.D. polycarbonate tube. In the custom saber building world, it's what we refer to as "thick-walled polyC" or a "battle blade" (as opposed to a "show blade").

That kicks some serious Jedi ass.

I often thought while watching that scene, that if my options were to plunge to an almost certain death, or begin building a relationship with my estranged all powerful father, I would almost certainly chose the latter.
I'm afraid I'm with you on that one.

Awesome saber SF. Really diggin' this one.

DerKrieg, he used a 1" O.D., 3/4" I.D. polycarbonate tube. In the custom saber building world, it's what we refer to as "thick-walled polyC" or a "battle blade" (as opposed to a "show blade").

I've noticed some blades taper to a point - are these the show blades you refer to? Where can you buy these?

Great Saber - a really imaginative build

Hello there,

Excellent workmanship! Love the title : Star Wars Sins of the Father !

Are you thinking about adding an activator switch i.e. bubbles or some
copper/brass/silver plated strips, like the ones made by Pastor Jedi?

-Chaim

I've noticed some blades taper to a point - are these the show blades you refer to? Where can you buy these?

There are no saber blades that taper/change O.D. (outside diameter) from top to bottom. If you've seen any pics that seem to indicate this then it's just the angle of the saber blade to the camera or a trick of the light from the way the blade appears when lit. However there are pointed tips (also referred to as bullet tips) as well as rounded ones.

A show blade usually refers to a blade that is made to light up more evenly and look as good as possible to the person making/selling/owning the blade when lit up. For "show" blades, most people prefer thin-walled blades (1/16" wall thickness) In either a 1" or 3/4" O.D. with one or more rolled up layers of TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) or Ultra Sabers blade film inside as well as about 4 to 10 feet of rolled up clear gift wrap (sort of like cellophane but not quite as thick or brittle) to help diffuse the light more evenly along the blade.

There are some forums that will answer all your questions regarding custom sabers. Just use the search functions and you will find threads that should answer any possible question you may have. Here are some links for you...

The first forum is for The Custom Saber Shop. TCSS is a store that sells pretty much all things lightsaber (including bullet tips for 1" O.D. blades, both thick and thin). It is for the do-it-yourself'er and they don't like spoon feeding people there so please do your research by using the search function before asking questions.

The Custom Saber Shop Forums

This next one is where most of the custom sabersmiths hang out as well as their customers.

FX-Sabers.com - Index

Here is another website where saber builders (and buyers) post info on sabers, including the OP of this thread.

ImperialRoyalArms.com Forum ~ Index

Welcome to the world of custom sabers.

Hello there,

Excellent workmanship! Love the title : Star Wars Sins of the Father !

Are you thinking about adding an activator switch i.e. bubbles or some
copper/brass/silver plated strips, like the ones made by Pastor Jedi?

-Chaim

Actually I just ran out of cards and his latest shipment will not be here till next week. BUT I was thinking for the activation card, I want a silver card that lays over the black one with four sith gliphs cut into it. I am going to see if I can get amptrooper to make it for me.

Or you could make your own activation card by just cutting aluminum foil into 1.5 mm strips
and stick them on your black board which is already there :D

Here you can see how I have cut copper foil an added it to a black piece of ASB plastic :

Controlbox12.jpg

Custom made for Luke's ROTJ Hero replica lightsaber. :)

-Chaim

That looks excellent, but I think I want to go in a different direction.

I think the four sith symbol/charecters cut out of a aluminum card would work better for this hilt. Give it a little more detail, and intricacy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back