Limited Run Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber ( Run Full )

Re: Luke Shared stunt Version Lightsaber

This lightsaber is gonna be awesome. I'm still in for one :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

Doy, I missed your second message (that's what I get for using my phone as my primary internetting device :wacko). Again, it looks like you've got the dimensions pretty well worked out; I wouldn't want to throw a monkey wrench into what you've come up with. I'm still interested in one, too.

Which does the real one have? Copper or Powder Coated? It almost looks like its painted especially towards the middle of the neck where that little slit is--it looks like it was either there was too much paint or maybe it was taped like the v2 and then spray painted over it?

Which does the real one have? Copper or Powder Coated? It almost looks like its painted especially towards the middle of the neck where that little slit is--it looks like it was either there was too much paint or maybe it was taped like the v2 and then spray painted over it?

I'm pretty sure the real one is just cast & painted with copper paint, the copper paint actually looks to go on to the underside of the emmiter

my hope for this is just to have a nice accurate static prop to replace my current inaccurate "best of a bad situation" V3/ shared stunt :lol

even if this comes with a copper neck I may end up painting it copper as I love the rough & ready look of the real one, I'd also add the silver foil to the emitter, pommel & clamp

Attachments

• IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    998.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 244

Won't the real copper be better as a heatsink if we plan to install an LED star? From the exploded view, I am hoping that this piece will extend up theough the emitter and be the heatsink. Maybe I am wrong. I want one either way.

From what I recall, below the groove, it's painted copper, and above the groove it's copper tape. The emitter separates from the body at that seam line and it appears they wrapped it in something rather than painting directly on the bottom of the emitter.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back