Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

89 sabers’ Luke Hero is a recast of our own boards’ Anakin Starkiller Hero (unless it’s an older version).
For clarity and consideration; we support the enthusiasm but not 89 Sabers tactics as they’ve been known to cast other vendors with long heritage on this board.

Sorry That’s my PSA carry on

It’s unfortunate, to say the least. China’s currently not in any global IP treaties, so businesses there don’t have any immediate legal repercussions from abusing someone else’s IP rights. Hopefully, that will change soon, ironically, because the country will want to protect its own IP rights. Right now, the country’s legal system is basically the Wild West. It’s just sad that, literally, anything cool or worthwhile has to be copied so blatantly, like what’s happening to AS by 89sabers or everyone else cheating to make money.

Last edited:
I've flipped through that book in my local Barnes and Noble. All the images are artist renderings and not very accurate for the film used hilts. Unless you're looking for lore, it's not worth the buy in my opinion. I really hope Brandon Alinger does a Star Wars Props: The Original Trilogy, as a sister volume to his incredible costume book!

I've flipped through that book in my local Barnes and Noble. All the images are artist renderings and not very accurate for the film used hilts. Unless you're looking for lore, it's not worth the buy in my opinion. I really hope Brandon Alinger does a Star Wars Props: The Original Trilogy, as a sister volume to his incredible costume book!

That's disappointing, but thanks for saving me the $$$.

I'm actually kind of shocked that with all the great reference books out there on each of the different elements of these films that a prop book hasn't been released yet. Hopefully one day.

69DB6098-BFB5-42E9-BE35-F9C89DB5B7D0.jpeg

This is the one that started it all for me; not a ton of lightsabers but some amazing reference to spark the imagination out of the archives

I like how I purchased a 2" x 1ft round stock thinking this would be a quick project. But no..... after looking through this whole thread, I'm still left confused about what dimensions to go with. I've seen 278, 278, 287 & 290.4mm thrown around.

IMG_1204.jpeg

Disney just canonized the v2 being modeled after Obi wan’s lightsaber

View attachment 1703496

Disney just canonized the v2 being modeled after Obi wan’s lightsaber

Luke's lightsaber being modeled after Obi-Wan had been a part of the lore for a long time. I remember that being said in the first Visual Dictionary.
And they've used an image of the V2 since 2016.
Screenshot_20230522-105456.png

So it's about we call this the hero prop!

But I'm afraid it is far too late for that and this lightsaber will be forever known in our community as the "version 2".

So it's about we call this the hero prop!

But I'm afraid it is far too late for that and this lightsaber will be forever known in our community as the "version 2".
I would take what is seen on screen versus what is in the databank. I mean they use the Episode III "salt shaker" lightsaber for Obi-Wan's Episode II lightsaber.
obi-wan-kenobi-lightsabers_51711932.jpg

The "official" Luke lightsaber is still the "Hero" version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back