luke ROTJ Hero/Yuma vs V3

Scott2815

I resurrected an older topic to discuss my thoughts on the hilt used in the final battle between Luke and Vader. However the other thread was in a different part of the forum and thought here would be the best place.

Does anyone else think the saber used in the final duel with Vader could be the metal Yuma?

If you look at Paploos screen grabs from the Blu ray, the 'clamp' box on the Yuma has a little box on the right hand side, this looks similar to the small box on the side of the 'clamp' in the shot where Luke is pointing the saber at the fallen Vader. The necks are the same colour on both and in that same final shot with the saber pointed at Vader though hard to tell it does not look like a Graflex clamp to me, but maybe a machined clamp box with a circuit card slid in?...

I'm a firm believer that the Hero was a cleaned up metal Yuma stunt and I have an instinct that the Yuma stunt was also used in the final duel. That would mean ironically that the V2 was the belt hanger and the Yuma/hero was the stunt.
I'm probably way off and i'm prepared to be shot down. I don't know what order ROTJ was shot, was the duel shot before or after the Yuma barge scenes?

View attachment 1013647
View attachment 1013649
View attachment 1013650

Photos borrowed from Paplooo in the other thread. Thank you

I resurrected an older topic to discuss my thoughts on the hilt used in the final battle between Luke and Vader. However the other thread was in a different part of the forum and thought here would be the best place.

Does anyone else think the saber used in the final duel with Vader could be the metal Yuma?

If you look at Paploos screen grabs from the Blu ray, the 'clamp' box on the Yuma has a little box on the right hand side, this looks similar to the small box on the side of the 'clamp' in the shot where Luke is pointing the saber at the fallen Vader. The necks are the same colour on both and in that same final shot with the saber pointed at Vader though hard to tell it does not look like a Graflex clamp to me, but maybe a machined clamp box with a circuit card slid in?...

I'm a firm believer that the Hero was a cleaned up metal Yuma stunt and I have an instinct that the Yuma stunt was also used in the final duel. That would mean ironically that the V2 was the belt hanger and the Yuma/hero was the stunt.
I'm probably way off and i'm prepared to be shot down. I don't know what order ROTJ was shot, was the duel shot before or after the Yuma barge scenes?

View attachment 1013647
View attachment 1013649
View attachment 1013650

Photos borrowed from Paplooo in the other thread. Thank you

I have a thread called “HALLIWAX’S weird v3 theory” though it’s alittle out of date. We cover a lot of the v3

The picture below I have no doubt is the resin stunt

IMG_9168.jpg

Everything else, even all the production photos points to it being the v3. They even wrapped gaffers tape all over the v3 at one point

I have a thread called “HALLIWAX’S weird v3 theory” though it’s alittle out of date. We cover a lot of the v3

The picture below I have no doubt is the resin stunt

View attachment 1013661

Everything else, even all the production photos points to it being the v3. They even wrapped gaffers tape all over the v3 at one point
Ah ok thank you, I guess the lightsaber does retract immediately after that shot and he throws it away so a resin stunt would make sense I guess

Ah ok thank you, I guess the lightsaber does retract immediately after that shot and he throws it away so a resin stunt would make sense I guess

Exactly ;) I do believe like you though, that the Yuma is at one time converted into the hero

We can match the bottom 3 rings on screen to the hero in display

Exactly ;) I do believe like you though, that the Yuma is at one time converted into the hero

We can match the bottom 3 rings on screen to the hero in display
Awesome I’m glad to hear you think this too because I feel strongly that the yuma and hero are one and the same. Also means the hero get more screen time that first thought;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back