Done / Completed Luke Return of the Jedi Wool Hooded Cloak Fabric

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have what is arguably the EXACT same fabric that was used for Luke's Hooded Cloak in Return of the Jedi.

100% WOOL IS NOW SOLD OUT!

40 YARDS OF THE WOOL BLEND ARE STILL AVAILABLE!

32929181640_584d696731_b.jpg
DSCN2460 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
33311695385_a568c29769_b.jpg
DSCN2463 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
33311693075_dfc0e1c058_b.jpg
DSCN2466 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
33270948156_cda2043a6b_b.jpg
DSCN2469 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr

Psab Keel

Last edited:
I'm looking at Six yards shipped to 22304 let me know the total and I will see what the lady says. -E

If you could please PM me your full name and full mailing address I can get you a total with shipping. Thanks!

This is still available for anyone who is looking to make the ultimate screen accurate Luke ROTJ cloak.

I've received several messages about this project. Please know that I am in the process of developing a pattern and will start an official run soon.

Just to let everyone know up front, until the run goes live, I am not holding spots for anyone.

There will be 2 versions of this cloak. An extremely limited one with this fabric, and a second one made of a wool blend that is nearly identical to it in color and weave. The second version will be more affordable and more readily available. I will post more information as I have it. If you are at all interested in this please bookmark this or keep an eye on this thread as I will make announcements from here.

Thank you! Psab

Update 1:

As much as it pains me to do it, I will be adding a center (spine) back seam to both versions of the cloak. While the screen used cloak did not have a seam there, the materials available to me are simply not wide enough to be able to cut them properly for that distinctive drape that we all recognize as Luke in Return of the Jedi. In order for it to look full I need to cut the fabric into quarters which means adding that back seam.

Thank you!

UPDATE: 1/25/18

So some of you may or may not have noticed that I am selling of large portions of my collection in the Junkyard. Long story short, I thought long and hard as the year came to a close and made the decision to focus my efforts this year on the most essential projects for me. My work schedule and personal responsibilities are not affording me the time I really need to do everything I'd planned to do. If I ever do a run of anything for the fine members here of theRPF I want to make sure that with my name attached to a product, that I can deliver the kind of quality you would expect for you entrusting me with your hard earned money. At this time I can't promise that and I'd rather pass on a project and keep my reputation intact than fall short with you all.

In this regard I have decided to simply cancel this planned run of completed cloaks and return to my original plan of selling this fabric outright by the yard. I have to measure out what I have left of the limited run of 100% Wool fabric.

I do have 40 yards of a nearly identical wool blend fabric that will be more affordable. I will update with prices, pictures, and quantities as soon as possible. Once I do so I will begin an official run list so that I can begin clearing out this material. I will also include the materials for an Anakin AOTC costume as I really need to clear those out too.

Thank you all for your patience and for reaching out to me since my last update. These materials are excellent quality and will make excellent and accurate costume pieces!

Psab Keel

UPDATE: 2/7/18

So here are some pictures of the 100% Wool Fabric compared to the Wool/ Acrylic Blend Fabric:

DSCN3525.JPGDSCN3532.JPG

The first picture shows the two fabrics side by side. The 100% Wool is on the left and a shade darker while the Wool Acrylic Blend is on the right. The second picture is of the Wool Blend held up to the light to show the nearly identical loose weave. These are the closest I have seen to the real thing.

I will be posting BOTH fabrics up for sale TOMORROW!

Stay Tuned!

I have 15 yards of the 100% Wool left. One 6 Yard piece and One 9 Yard piece.

$42.00 a yard plus exact shipping.

I have 40 Yards of the Wool Blend fabric on an uncut roll.

$20 a Yard plus exact shipping.

Here are a few shots of my completed cloak with the 100% Wool fabric. A cloak made with the Wool Blend will look nearly identical to this. This is to give you all an idea of what it could look like with your own patterns.

LukeROTJcloak (1).jpgLukeROTJcloak (3).jpgLukeROTJcloak (4).jpgLukeROTJcloak (5).jpgLukeROTJcloak (7).jpgLukeROTJcloak (13).jpgLukeROTJcloak (12).jpgLukeROTJcloak (11).jpgLukeROTJcloak (9).jpgLukeROTJcloak (14).jpg

Any interested parties please reply to this thread first as I want the list to be public so that I don't accidentally overlook a PM. I know there is a lot of interest in this and I want to make sure it is first come, first served.

Thanks everyone for your patience and I look forward to being able to supply these great fabrics for all of you Luke ROTJ fans out there!

Psab Keel

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back