1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run Luke Return of the Jedi Wool Hooded Cloak Fabric

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Psab keel, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Psab keel

Psab keel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have what is arguably the EXACT same fabric that was used for Luke's Hooded Cloak in Return of the Jedi.

It is 100% Wool Fabric in Dark Brown and it's 45 Inches Wide. It has the right weight, drape, weave and color to every screen capture and exhibit photo I have seen of the screen used costume. It also matches what I saw in person in NYC at the Power of Costume Exhibit.

I am selling this fabric by the yard and I only have 23 Yards. ONCE IT'S GONE, IT'S GONE. I have no other resources to tap from. This is a very high end material and as such it's expensive. This is as about as limited a run as you get. I will not hold yardage for anyone. This will be first come, first served. If someone backs out, it will go to the next person in line.

So for anyone who is looking for an exact match to the screen used costume, this is your ONE chance to get it. Your patterns may vary so I cannot make recommendations on the yardage necessary to make your specific cloak so buy accordingly.

The price per yard is: $42.00.

32929181640_584d696731_b.jpg DSCN2460 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
    33311695385_a568c29769_b.jpg DSCN2463 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
    33311693075_dfc0e1c058_b.jpg DSCN2466 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr
    33270948156_cda2043a6b_b.jpg DSCN2469 by Nathan Andrews, on Flickr

Please send your requests as responses to this thread. I won't have a lot of time to get into my Inbox today and I suspect that this will go very very fast.

Thank you all and I am excited to be able to provide what I have to my fellow costumers and Luke Fans!

Psab Keel

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Psab keel

PM replied.

3. ECOLI

ECOLI Member

Still available???

4. Psab keel

Yes indeed.

5. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:eek WOW :eek

6. ECOLI

ECOLI Member

I'm looking at Six yards shipped to 22304 let me know the total and I will see what the lady says. -E

7. Psab keel

If you could please PM me your full name and full mailing address I can get you a total with shipping. Thanks!

8. ECOLI

ECOLI Member

PM sent

9. Psab keel

PM replied.

10. Psab keel

only 9 1/2 yards left!!!

11. Psab keel

PM replied.

12. Psab keel

This is still available for anyone who is looking to make the ultimate screen accurate Luke ROTJ cloak.

13. Psab keel

I've received several messages about this project. Please know that I am in the process of developing a pattern and will start an official run soon.

Just to let everyone know up front, until the run goes live, I am not holding spots for anyone.

There will be 2 versions of this cloak. An extremely limited one with this fabric, and a second one made of a wool blend that is nearly identical to it in color and weave. The second version will be more affordable and more readily available. I will post more information as I have it. If you are at all interested in this please bookmark this or keep an eye on this thread as I will make announcements from here.

Thank you! Psab

ataru72ita and Apollo like this.
  14. Psab keel

Update 1:

As much as it pains me to do it, I will be adding a center (spine) back seam to both versions of the cloak. While the screen used cloak did not have a seam there, the materials available to me are simply not wide enough to be able to cut them properly for that distinctive drape that we all recognize as Luke in Return of the Jedi. In order for it to look full I need to cut the fabric into quarters which means adding that back seam.

Thank you!

ataru72ita likes this.
  15. Psab keel

UPDATE: 1/25/18

So some of you may or may not have noticed that I am selling of large portions of my collection in the Junkyard. Long story short, I thought long and hard as the year came to a close and made the decision to focus my efforts this year on the most essential projects for me. My work schedule and personal responsibilities are not affording me the time I really need to do everything I'd planned to do. If I ever do a run of anything for the fine members here of theRPF I want to make sure that with my name attached to a product, that I can deliver the kind of quality you would expect for you entrusting me with your hard earned money. At this time I can't promise that and I'd rather pass on a project and keep my reputation intact than fall short with you all.

In this regard I have decided to simply cancel this planned run of completed cloaks and return to my original plan of selling this fabric outright by the yard. I have to measure out what I have left of the limited run of 100% Wool fabric.

I do have 40 yards of a nearly identical wool blend fabric that will be more affordable. I will update with prices, pictures, and quantities as soon as possible. Once I do so I will begin an official run list so that I can begin clearing out this material. I will also include the materials for an Anakin AOTC costume as I really need to clear those out too.

Thank you all for your patience and for reaching out to me since my last update. These materials are excellent quality and will make excellent and accurate costume pieces!

Psab Keel

16. Psab keel

UPDATE: 2/7/18

So here are some pictures of the 100% Wool Fabric compared to the Wool/ Acrylic Blend Fabric:

DSCN3525.JPG DSCN3532.JPG

The first picture shows the two fabrics side by side. The 100% Wool is on the left and a shade darker while the Wool Acrylic Blend is on the right. The second picture is of the Wool Blend held up to the light to show the nearly identical loose weave. These are the closest I have seen to the real thing.

I will be posting BOTH fabrics up for sale TOMORROW!

Stay Tuned!

17. Psab keel

I have 15 yards of the 100% Wool left. One 6 Yard piece and One 9 Yard piece.

$42.00 a yard plus exact shipping.

I have 40 Yards of the Wool Blend fabric on an uncut roll.

$20 a Yard plus exact shipping.

Here are a few shots of my completed cloak with the 100% Wool fabric. A cloak made with the Wool Blend will look nearly identical to this. This is to give you all an idea of what it could look like with your own patterns.

LukeROTJcloak (1).jpg LukeROTJcloak (3).jpg LukeROTJcloak (4).jpg LukeROTJcloak (5).jpg LukeROTJcloak (7).jpg LukeROTJcloak (13).jpg LukeROTJcloak (12).jpg LukeROTJcloak (11).jpg LukeROTJcloak (9).jpg LukeROTJcloak (14).jpg

Any interested parties please reply to this thread first as I want the list to be public so that I don't accidentally overlook a PM. I know there is a lot of interest in this and I want to make sure it is first come, first served.

Thanks everyone for your patience and I look forward to being able to supply these great fabrics for all of you Luke ROTJ fans out there!

Psab Keel

18. Psab keel

Limited stock! Get yours before it's gone!

19. Carnage123

Carnage123 New Member

I'll take a 100% wool cloak

20. Psab keel

PM replied!

21. Psab keel

I'm open to making the cloaks as long as everyone who is interested is patient with me.

22. Psab keel

Any interest?

23. Psab keel

Still available!

24. Psab keel

Is everyone interested in buying the fabric by the yard or getting a completed cloak?

25. Psab keel

So I realized that it might be more helpful for people to decide on this if I were to give everyone some ideas on pricing and availability.

I have enough of the Limited fabric to made 2 cloaks. These will cost $576.00 plus shipping for a completed cloak.

I have enough of the Standard fabric to make 5 cloaks. These will cost $320.00 plus shipping for a completed cloak.

To buy the fabric alone it will cost $42.00 a yard for the limited fabric and $20 a yard for the standard fabric.

Here are a few shots of the Wool Blend fabric to give you a better idea:

DSCN3568.JPG DSCN3569.JPG DSCN3573.JPG

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  26. Psab keel

Any interest?

27. Psab keel

PM replied.

28. Psab keel

This is still available for those interested.

29. Psab keel

Any interest in the fabric or having cloaks made?

30. Psab keel

So I am reaching out to my fellow Luke Skywalker fans once again to gauge interest in this fabric. I may be able to work on the prices to sell the fabric itself if the interest is there. At this point I am not sure if I will be making more cloaks.

I'm actually in the planning stages to finish off my own personal costumes and then who knows from there? I've been doing this for 20 years this year and after I'm done with my own stuff (barring a handful of pieces for some loyal customers) I am likely going on hiatus from costuming to focus on other things.

So if you're even considering getting some of this fabric please comment on this thread. I need to clear space in my workshop and I am eager to move some things out.

Thanks!

31. Don93

Don93 Well-Known Member

How much for a completed cloak?

32. Psab keel

So I realized that it might be more helpful for people to decide on this if I were to give everyone some ideas on pricing and availability.

I have enough of the Limited fabric to made 2 cloaks. These will cost $576.00 plus shipping for a completed cloak.

I have enough of the Standard fabric to make 5 cloaks. These will cost $320.00 plus shipping for a completed cloak.

To buy the fabric alone it will cost $42.00 a yard for the limited fabric and $20 a yard for the standard fabric.

33. Psab keel