Luke Macrobinoculars Build

Oh FFS, its the same under cut on both knobs.

dVrV5aq.jpg

a0aOjdM.jpg

Whatever, that´s right - i have enough parts for each version, so i shouldn´t care what is posted here. At the end i have the correct version, no matter what proof will be found later. :D

But until then, when a better proof is found, as the knobs are easily swapped when needed/wished, each one should feel free to use what he thinks to see himself. I know i shouldn´t say that as i can sell my spares with much more profit if one version is "the only one", and as soon as that version is more wanted and the prices go up. ;)

Well, we KNOW that 2 Kalimars were used, as we can see the 2 lenses. And we know that 2 Seagulls were used for the big side knobs. That´s four little knobs of each version we know for sure.

When 2 Kalimars and 2 Seagull knobs are used on the Stunt, then what is left for the Hero? Sure, there may another Kalimar have been available, but if they did, why don´t use more than just the little knobs, and don´t use just the already remaining 2 Seagull and the 2 Kalimars?

There is only ONE Seagull camera needed for the big knobs for both macros. The hero gets the big focusing knob from the left side of the camera and the stunt gets the winding knob from the right side of the seagull. Only the first version of the Seagull has the 2 proper large knobs and that same early first version camera has the only lens that matches the vader reveal eye lens perfectly. The 2 small knobs get used on the side of the stunt. The transition box knobs on the stunt are neither Seagul nor kalimar. they are from a Yashica, which happens to be the same camera that has the other reveal lens. They had 2 Kalimars for the lenses of the hero and 2 sets of small knobs left for the side and transision box. and 2 viewer hoods one for each of the macros.

I have two Kalimars and two seagulls on mine. But as much as I want it to be right because that’s what I have, mine are wrong. There are too many definitive screen caps I’ve seen, some that can’t be posted here, for it to be otherwise. No matter how l try, I can’t make mine look like that. As soon as I come across two more Kalimar knobs at a good price, I’m swapping them out.

I am not arguing to make me feel better or to be some know it all. I just want people to get the correct stuff. TBH i could care less about SW at this point and in fact have been selling everything i have for the franchise on the auction block, but i do care about members getting the correct info rather than wasting money going back and forth.

You are right on the amount of only 1 Seagull needed for both versions - i was distracted due to having several of them, which i needed due to having enough for several Heros.

But i don´t see any people wasting money on this - there seems not to be that much love for the stunt, not many build them too. That means everyone who builds a Hero already has the 2 small Seagull knobs.

Well, I'm finally convinced that there are 4 Kalimar knobs on the Hero prop.

Guess I'll have to swap my Seagull knobs out, and dig out a couple spare Kalimar knobs. That actually kinda bums me out, because I like the look of the two different kinds of knobs. Oh well.

Agreed it looks good having the two varieties of knobs. Yep both are Kalimar. I actually threaded it for Seagull knobs on the side but hot glued kalimar knobs in the spot. Good thing is if I ever want to I can pull off the kalimar and thread on my Seagull knobs. I’m keeping both sets of knobs. I’m convinced as well the hero has 4 kalimar knobs. There could have been a third pair of Macrobinoculars, or the knobs at one point possibly could have fallen out and swapped back and forth. Who knows. I love this prop and if I had the funds I’d make another hero.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back