Luke Holiday Special Lightsaber?

BrandtFX

Hey everyone,

Im looking to making one of these for my Luke costume. I dont know why but I kinda like the look of this thing.

I know it was made from a Graflite 3 cell flash. What kinda of reference pics are out there of this thing?

I know it was used in the photoshoot that was done for the re-release of ANH in 1978.

Anyone have any clear screen caps of the Holiday special?

Thanks..

-Mike

I'd like some info on this one too since I've got a graflite lying around. I haven't found any usable photos beyond those at partsofsw.

i remember seeing something on this last year, it's a part that was used in the cockpit of the x wings if i remember rightly called a graflite.

found, look in partsof sw.com

no mention of the cockpit link, but it's there under lightsabers

You know, every time I look at that control box I think about those saftey switches used on big power tools, like table saw or a radial arm saw-- the kind with a hinged cover that exposes the power on/off toggle under it. The control box always looks like it has a hinge pin on the grip side, and a cover that opens up.

Originally posted by Luuke@Mar 27 2006, 11:15 AM
Those top diagrams look familiar ;)
[snapback]1214168[/snapback]​
Still waiting on more details about that activation box. :)

BTW, I'll take those two pics down if you like. Just PM me and let me know.

W.

i seem to remember the blade top part on the graflite in the ref pics was determined to be a

SPOON...

Look at the pics again...curt :)

Originally posted by PropReplicator+Mar 27 2006, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PropReplicator @ Mar 27 2006, 10:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Luuke
@Mar 27 2006, 11:15 AM
Those top diagrams look familiar ;)
[snapback]1214168[/snapback]​
Still waiting on more details about that activation box. :)

BTW, I'll take those two pics down if you like. Just PM me and let me know.

W.
[snapback]1214320[/snapback]​
[/b]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back