Luke Hero Prop vs 7 Chamber/Phoenix

Lewis’ statement, in response to a customer whose order went MIA:

I might as well let it be known, but the Hero is being redone correctly, thanks to joint efforts. It sucks that yours has gone missing, but I will ensure you get one at no expense, and I'll be offering trade ins for anyone that was unsatisfied with the first version.

As for what happened with the run. The sources I spoke to, and got material from were unfortunately not as knowledgeable as they led on. As for the machinist, he's now gone rogue with false promises of delivery times, delays and more. It's made me look bad, through and through. I take full responsibility, hence why I'm seeing it through until the end. However, I like to think I'm a man of resolve, and I'll ensure you are not without a 1:1 Hero, with the money you have already paid.
Well the plot thickens then! :)

I emailed Derrek about this. Dunno if he will reply. My main question is whether this trade in deal will be accepted for those of us who've modified our PP7Cs to be more canon like. Examples such as chamfering the control box more, threading the faceplate holes and fixing the polish on the faceplate.

I know some folks have weathered the hilt etc already. Curious to know if there will be limitations on this planned trade-in deal or not.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat, since I’ve made the mods to the box.
I will post an update when/if Derrek replies. Not even sure he is involved. He may be bowing out and this may be Lewis' deal separately. I don't have Lewis' email otherwise I would email him directly.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat, since I’ve made the mods to the box.
So. Derrek replied. Lewis will be handling this offer when it comes. Minor mods will be accepted. Unclear at what threshold yet but minor box mod chamfers, and faceplate polishes should be fine.

Expect additional details from Lewis when the time comes.

Yes, Lewis will be running this new Hero on his own, we've decided for ease to the customer experience, it's best when there is one front person on the project, and not 2 like we did with the last Hero.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back