*Luke ANH Macrobinoculars body found. ARCHIVE PLEASE!*

Thanks for the comments guys!
icon_cheers.gif

I'm gonna settle down with an expensive bottle of wine and my wife now to celebrate.
This find means a lot to me - and I'm so happy to share it with you guys, you who have shared so much info with me over the past couple of years concerning our shared obsessions.
icon_smile.gif

Howard.

Don't get all comfortable now! You need to go ID those lenses first!
icon_wink.gif

Congrats again - I'm glad to see this mystery solved.
icon_smile.gif

Do you think that they moved that bubble strip from the back to the top to cover that label? And I wonder if they painted the whole thing black?

Very interesting! Maybe you can loan your prize to MR so they can make a replica of it...

Jason

All this time I've had a feeling that the main body was an 8mm camera of some sort!

Nice find... now I'm going to sit an cry!
icon16.gif

- Jim
fett_esb_icon.gif

Howard, this is too cool !!!

If I find one, I will offer it to you first ;-)

Btw, wouldn´t you have been able to make this mega-news "Post 1138" ? Wouldn´t that have been cool.

Michael

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
BAlinger15 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
"Dear Customer:

Thank you for your interest in our merchandise. We regret to inform you we have decided to hold on to the Eumig Servomatic camera we have had on our shelf for the past nine years, after receiving a flood of twenty-seven emails on this camera today. We are not sure if this is a practical joke, but are holding onto the camera until we can draw further conclusions.

Thanks again,
-BillyBob's European Camera Warehouse"
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

So, what is the current after market value ?

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Well,at least no one jumped the gun and offered them a bazillion bucks for that one.
But what they will say when the "casually acting nerds" appear in their store and start fighting over one of those cameras
icon_biggrin.gif

Michael

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Vegeta wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Is'nt that convenient? They refuse to sell it now.....Typical. WE make this stuff valuable.....Not them!!
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I think that you didn't get the joke.

icon_smile.gif

The picture Jason posted...does it look like the side has a raised area? The screen-used body was flat on the sides where the knobs go. Also, you can get a copy of the owners manual that shows other photos here:

http://www.anvalin.net/super8aid/manuals_cameras.htm

The front of the camera looks a lot different. Could it be another model of Eumig? Was the Servomatic heavily modified?

The top and back looks right. It will be interesting to see what Howard gets, and what other modifications might be needed. It looks like the little bubble set on the front is what was put on the top of the macros. Now the hard part is finding the lenses, viewfinder and knobs if this is the right camera.

Regardless...is is the nicest find I've seen here since the Obi-Wan grenade!

All I have to say is that this thread should be archived!!!

Excellent find and I agree with SFPROPS that this is the best find since the Obi-Wan grenade!

icon_smile.gif

I really have a feeling that these cameras are really not that collectible in the camera collectors circles.

I hope it doesn't get turned into a several hundred dollar item!!!

I think HOWARD paid the average going price for these... if that much.

- Jim
fett_esb_icon.gif

On page 9 of the Manual, there is a photograph showing the view finder.

EUMIGs_p05.jpg

Now if you look at the next photo from the old thread, it becomes apparent that the prop maker used a plate of some kind to mount the lenses on and used the viewfinder hole to mount the knob that sits right next to the lenses.

Luke_Binocs.jpg

That's on the macros with the different sized lenses, and I don't think THAT one is the same model as the Servomatic in the pictures either. The spot where the top "disk" detail is different from the macro variation with the lenses the same size and the Servomatic itself. But, I agree that the knob on the front of the macros in the photo does line up and there is likely a viewfinder under that plate.

I'm surprised no-one has pointed out the clear plastic front of the lightmeter which was obviously used to cover up the Eumig label
icon_smile.gif

Edit: ooops Jason spotted it first - Yes I think they used the lightmeter to cover up the eumig label
icon_smile.gif

WooHoo !! Fantastic find !!!!

Well, the lenses, side knobs and waist-level finder are typically for a TLR camera.

just my 2 cents...

Will take a close look into my McKeown today

an image of the accessory lenses (Curtar 0.5x & Tele-Longar 2x) would be helpful too
icon_wink.gif

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back