Luckydoll09 Mix Avp Predator Costume First Build - Wip Lot Of Pic

luckydoll09

Hi all ...... Predator it is my Dream for long time ..... Now i try to make my Dream come true to build this Costume Predator and plan to Dragon con to meet everyone of Lair member in there . Thank you everyone was help me to build this suit :

Usurper ( Lee )
Mannowar
Termokk ( Corey )
Bambooie
Alan Alen
Uratz
Biohunter76 ( Casey )
Hez
Pdisc
ElKman
Sammycstsui
Punhulk
MasterAnubis
NeoKazama
Predator666thepain666
Don Jarr
Froggy
and more........

Here some parts pics Enjoy everyone :) :p
IMG_0104.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

post-138-1268102400_thumb.jpg

med_gallery_138_47_469165.jpg

gallery_138_47_80552.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

will add some more pic coming soon..... ihop everyone will like it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! I love the mask it looks AMAZING!! Keep it up and cant wait to see more. Its cool to see a lot of new suits going into work. Hope mine can keep up

Thats one awesome paint up you got going there. Loving this, I agree with Quakevirus .... this is going to be bad-ass.

I love the idea you used for the beads and the use of the chain. Outta question, where did you get that from?

The beads i got from Bambooie and Froggy :)
and this the link i get my mask with animatronic mouth ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkeyZk7Csw&list=UUgdalQmGv5hPbrH_zAO9GKw&index=5&feature=plcp

Dude, this def looks like a great build up. But the only thing I'm concerned is the animatronics in the mask, I don't know much about latex casting but I think when they (pro-mask makers) make a latex mask for animatronics they use a different type of latex, something lighter and/or flexible, or they use silicone.
I'm not sure how much stress can the animatronic rigs cause to the latex on that mask.

Is there anyone else who can tell us a bit more about it?? maybe George, Lee, Gene... anyone??

When I made the rig for this mask, I measured the amount of play Usurper's mask afforded based on it's overall design and the latex's thickness. There are factors other then the latex that can & will effect and limit the overall achievable range of motion. One important design issue is how much "webbing" is present where the lower mandibles attach to the chin. Once I had an accurate measurement I calculated how much torque was needed and mounted the servos in the most ergonomic location and there you have it! This rig will not cause the mask to tear or even stretch beyond it's limitations, in addition, no permanent distortion of the mask can or would ever be caused by the rig. Oh and the reason the upper's have no movement is because the rig utilized in this mask is one of my dual servo chin rigs. These are used for most of the P2's where due to the smaller nature of these masks a larger rig would not fit and the masks upper fangs are cast in such a way that it almost completely negates movement. I hope this information helps.

Kindest Regards,

Alan

Dude, this def looks like a great build up. But the only thing I'm concerned is the animatronics in the mask, I don't know much about latex casting but I think when they (pro-mask makers) make a latex mask for animatronics they use a different type of latex, something lighter and/or flexible, or they use silicone.
I'm not sure how much stress can the animatronic rigs cause to the latex on that mask.

Is there anyone else who can tell us a bit more about it?? maybe George, Lee, Gene... anyone??

Well i am NOT a pro mask maker, and it was not made for animatronics, but many of my masks have had different rigs in them, and NONE have ripped!!

foam latex is the normal, or in P1 they used "Dental dam" for the predators mouth.

Having said that my own masks will all be made from silicone in the future. not that im a pro or anything.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back