Lucifer's Blade - Supernatural

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by hydin, Feb 15, 2012.

1. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A while back I got the chance to get one of the Angel blades from Oz, and it's a work of ART. This thing is awesome!

I am planning on leafing one of them, but the other that I have... I didn't have much of an idea of what to do.

It occurred to me that we never saw Lucifer's blade in the show, so I thought I would take a crack at fixing that omission :)

It came out a lot better than I had planned! I went for a decayed, corroded, tarnished version to match him getting booted out and lobbed into his cage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a mixture of Make it stone, copper, gold, flat black, black acrylic washing, and a flat clear coat. I was tempted to pop some transparent red on there but thought I might go the "less is more" route.

Chris

2. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Love it! Great artistic creativity, one of the cooler props from the show. Nice job

3. Ozymandius

Ozymandius Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice interpretation. :thumbsup I like it.

Given your backstory on its look, the one thing I would add is some burnt metal effects along the blade edge. Give it that "just plucked from Hell sheen".

4. Arwyniel

Arwyniel Well-Known Member

Really nice! I'm looking forward to getting mine from Oz. :love

5. Yellow Eyes

Yellow Eyes New Member

Is it still possible to buy one of those blades?

6. hydin

You'd have to PM Oz about it, but I'd imagine so...

Chris

7. Ozymandius

Ozymandius Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just sold one last week. It's an open run, so PM me anytime.

8. hydin

If I can't get that damned glue off the other one I was trying to leaf, I might be getting another one :lol

Also, just throwing this out there. I got the bare resin version with the metal rod, and it had maybe 15 mins clean up time total. I sanded down a bit to get rid of some extremely minor flash, and puttied the bottom to hide the rod. Damned fine casting.

Chris