Lucasfilm seized my Master Replica props

Most people outside of the RPF think EVERYTHING that has to do with Star Wars is for kids and that most merchandise is in the form of toys. You go out on the street and show the average Joe a Luke Elite Edition and tell them what it cost. I guarantee you'll see some very wide eyes staring back at you. "Normal people" could never in their wildest dreams imagine what we pay for some of our toys. :)

sounds like lawyers fishing for problems and when they find one then the run it up to the main office to see if they can go ahead. You should write and email Lucas in the USA to say "hello I bought a present for my son "MR Mini-Sabers" and now am getting treated like I bought a bootleg item." They needed to have a catalog of what MR sells sent to them so they can see this IS a real copyrighted item.

What if he paid $50 for them from a private seller? I just don't understand how they can determine a cost other that what's listed. Who cares if they retailed for $500 if he only paid $50 privately. How are they to know?

I hope Tim get's his shipment.

As for customs and LFL, it's possible that MR does not have a license to sell Star Wars products world wide, also customs would not have a list of every company and product Lucas has deals with.
That would be why they would turn the items over to LFL Germany to make the final call.

While that would be a really dumb move on MR's part it has happened to other companies due to cost, other vendors in an area, or just plain stupidity on the vendors part.

In this day of ebay sales shipped all over the world there are still import laws that are in place. If you try and import an item that isn't licensed for sale in your area it can be siezed and destroyed, sad but true.

Again I hope the mess is cleaned up soon and the package is delivered.

very interesting, i hope everything goes out fine..

and whats this talk of AA?
what the heck is AA ? and why do we blame him?
hah someone educate me

This is not because they think the item may not be sold here or something, the appearently believe this is not an original MR item.

Tim

Even if it isn't an official item, are you really sure that they can sieze it from a private citizen not importing to resale? (just asking) :)

Originally posted by swhite228@Mar 29 2006, 01:25 AM
If you try and import an item that isn't licensed for sale in your area it can be siezed and destroyed, sad but true. 

[snapback]1215212[/snapback]​

I think that is very dependent of country. In many places, that could be a violation of fair trade agreements (not that I'm an expert). Sony tried to do the same with video game consoles- even taking vendors to court to stop paralell imports, but if I recall correctly they lost (but don't quote me on that). And look at importing DVDs. In many cases, I think such laws usually apply to businesses importing for the puropse of resale and cannot be enforced upon consumers bootleg item or not. But again, it varies according to country and "officials" often get over-zealous.

Also, like has been said before- it would be insane of LFL to put a "task force" to work on this. I highly doubt that the replica-prop market is large enough to warrant such attention besides the occasional CaD to large-scale armor makers and the like. This is hopefully only the result of a new or over-active customs agent having a bad day. Like I said before, most people have no idea what a lightsaber is or could ever imagine that a metal tube with greeblies could be worth much.

I've sent quite a bit of stuff to Europe and especially germany over the last year, and a lot of guys have been telling me that customs likes to "walk away" with anything marked "Collectable" I've sent several Holocrons over and most if not all of them got opened, even though they were marked as "Table Lamps" (To keep the morons from opening them) Fortunately, they each accept a 9V battery and glow with a pulse, so if they REALLY pushed it, they ARE table lamps, but god only knows what these guys use as excuses to steal other people stuff...

Vegas Vader...

Well, I have not heard anything yet. If these turn out to be "bootleg" MR pieces with even a bootleg box, I will forward my letters to Master Replicas. I am sure they would like to hear about this.

I already told a friend at Lucasfilm about this.

Tim

Originally posted by VegasVader@Apr 3 2006, 12:39 PM
I've sent quite a bit of stuff to Europe and especially germany over the last year, and a lot of guys have been telling me that customs likes to "walk away" with anything marked "Collectable" I've sent several Holocrons over and most if not all of them got opened, even though they were marked as "Table Lamps" (To keep the morons from opening them) Fortunately, they each accept a 9V battery and glow with a pulse, so if they REALLY pushed it, they ARE table lamps, but god only knows what these guys use as excuses to steal other people stuff...

Vegas Vader...
[snapback]1218865[/snapback]​
That's really sad to hear... incredible that it can be allowed for costoms to be all powerful and not abide by the law.

Oh, I really love our customs. I hope they only contact LFL and not some other companies. I have some really expensive things coming the nxt weeks and don´t want them to be destroyed only because some damn stupid customs guys have to much time. Btw, some days ago a German television team imoprtet some EPO and some drugs without any problems.... :confused

It´s getting worse here. Can´t wait to see them contacting New Line because of the Ringwraith sword that was send to me some days ago :cry Oh and I really can´t wait to see MR after getting a letter that they are selling unlicensed stuff.

But I hope Tim gets his shipment.

Domenik

Update:

German customs now officially seized the two .45 Luke ANH Master Replicas sabers.
Appearently, it is illegal to import these without going thru the official importer, UNLESS the offical Licenseholder has given me permission to do so.

WTF?.

Are these guys bored or what.? These sabers sell for about 20 bucks on ebay. These are TOYS.....

Tim

WHAT? How can they do that? That's ******* unbelievable...

I could understand if you were a business wanting to resell, but a private collector.? THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

Sorry for your loss is there nothing you can do? :cry

How about sending the bill to LFL or MR with a serious complaint over the German Custom Authorities. I guess it won't work... this just sux. :( :confused :confused :angry

I already emailed a friend at Lucasfilm. And Amy at Master Replicas.
I am also posting this in all the forums I can think of.

Tim

WTF..so now it is forbidden to order DVD's etc from amazon.com?? man those German customes better start seizing a lot of packages then. I think this decision violates a lot of European Laws...this would mean that Being in Germany I can't buy a car in any other European country..WTF

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heared....

Stefan

Originally posted by Ketzer.com@Apr 15 2006, 10:17 AM
Update:

German customs now officially seized the two .45 Luke ANH Master Replicas sabers.
Appearently, it is illegal to import these without going thru the official importer, UNLESS the offical Licenseholder has given me permission to do so.

WTF?.

Are these guys bored or what.? These sabers sell for about 20 bucks on ebay. These are TOYS.....

Tim
[snapback]1226862[/snapback]​

HUH???

Is this MR imposing this import restriction or German customs?? As far as I was aware MR product licensing is not restricted to just sales in the United States. Anyway, how are we supposed to know who is an official importer for MR?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back