Lucasfilm seized my Master Replica props

If the Sabers were Licensed through Master Replicas,
will they replace them because of what Customs did?

Don't give up, Keep up the Fight.

Might want to contact MRCUSTOMERCARE and see if they can help verify the sabers' legitimacy. Or maybe Steve Sansweet can grease some wheels on the LFL side.

Sounds like the Germany LFL folks are ill informed about what's currently licensed, which is CRAZY.

what concernes me is that MR reps speak up fast when other things are brought up here about their products. or new purties are for sale.

so why hasnt one stepped up and cleared this up. or voiced an opinion.

i guess until they take some responsibility or post where they stand on a member loosing his money on their products the 6 MR items i now have will be my last.

and for customs of any country pulling this crap note my avitar.

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadwell @ Apr 27 2006, 01:11 AM) [snapback]1233830[/snapback]</div>
Might want to contact MRCUSTOMERCARE and see if they can help verify the sabers' legitimacy. Or maybe Steve Sansweet can grease some wheels on the LFL side.

Sounds like the Germany LFL folks are ill informed about what's currently licensed, which is CRAZY.
[/b]

I already emailed Steve. He said email Amy. I did. She never got back to me.

The sabers were legit (as in actual MR product and licensed).

I just did not have permission from Lucasfilm to import them.

Tim

I am still hoping MR will do the right thing here.

Anything less and I as well as many other Fans,ie, Customers will be extremely disapointed.

Has this been posted on Rebelscum or other publix boards?
Let everyone know so it gets out there and then some thing WILL have to be done.
You did nothing wrong and was treated like a you did...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Megatron @ Apr 27 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1233870[/snapback]</div>
Has this been posted on Rebelscum or other publix boards?
Let everyone know so it gets out there and then some thing WILL have to be done.
You did nothing wrong and was treated like a you did...
[/b]
I've linked to this on Rebelscum in an 'Ask Amy' thread. I'm stunned that they've destroyed them under parallel import rules - I thought these could only be applied if you were going to re-sell them. I'm really glad I don't live in Germany - whilst I wouldn't put it past UK customs to do the same thing at least there's no cases that have come to light as yet.

I like MR items - I don't want to be prevented from buying them by LFL of all people....

That's what happens when a company gets too big: they become bullies. I guess George Lucas has become everything he disliked about the Large Corporations and Studio Systems. He even said so in an interview: he IS Darth Vader. :eek

I had planned on purchasing 1 or more of the MR Stormtrooper lids, but maybe I should reconsider, if they don't take a stand against what happened at the German customs.

MR needs to step up and address this RIGHT NOW.

This ordeal has stretched itself out over 1 full month, as of tomorrow.

They also need to be reminded that Tim's son missed out on two gifts for his first birthday. I truly hope that MR doesn't believe the old adage, "There's no such thing as bad publicity" because this is a PR fiasco in the making. Of course, with their numerous gaffes lately, it could just be another symptom of a greater problem.

Bruce

Nope, I did not post this on Rebelscum. I have not been to that board since early 2005, when Philip Wise told me I was not allowed to mention yourprops.com there.

Tim

Ok, gang, let's try to focus here. ;)

This is in all likelyhood NOT an MR issue. I am willing to bet that MR are completely in the dark about all of this (and we can't honestly expect them to see every thread in the forum), so let's not slam them for not chiming in here right away. (They would do well to reply to e-mails some of you have sent though.)

I am still thinking this is about overzealous Customs officials (and German LFL lawyers) without full knowledge of EU regulations. I have been scouring Swedish DVD forums (and EU info sites) today for clues about this. There have been lots and lots of discussions about DVD shops having to close down or change their business practices because they sell Region 1 DVDs without a licence/permission. In all these discussions, it was made clear that if you buy them yourself from a retailer, you're free to import them as you wish.

I don't have any "official" law book quotes yet, but it is becomeing VERY clear to me that if you import for private use, as an individual, they CANNOT CONFISCATE your merchandise under "parallell import laws". They apply ONLY if you intend to conduct business (resale) with the imported products.

I'm still waiting to see some official document about this, but unless Germany has some form of exception to EUs import regulations in this regard, then customs in all likelyhood had NO RIGHT to take those sabers and you should be able to challenge them.

Oh, and Tim, if you feel that I'm sticking my nose too far into your business here, please let me know. I'm just feeling some solidarity and afraid that this could damage the hobby for us all.

No worries. :)

This is NOT against MR. Never had a problem with them. This is against Lucasfilm.

I can see why DVD region codes are an issue, but these are TOYS. And I am not a dealer.

Tim

MR has no fault but they have to get aware of the problem.
They MUST find a solution with LFL Germany.
Because they have paid for the SW License and want to sell their products in Europe too (i think so...).

So we need a solution here fast for all future business. I have the Y-Wing on order and i really must admit that i am scared it will be seized here in Germany by LFL.

That hobby should be fun and not scare people . Makes me sad, really.

Sorry, but I'm quite sure that it's LukasFilm who is restricting this not MR or customs (in any country).
If you (living in EU) buy a Star Wars product from a retailer in the US, he doesn't have the right to sell that product without an licens to distribute in your country.

Some manufacturers doesn't even have that right.
E.g. Noble Collection can't sell their product to anyone located in Scandinavia for their LOTR line. (But on the Harry Potter line) as they don't have the a licensce to distribution LOTR by New Line Cinema in Scandinavia...
So we have to buy them from a partner that has a licence.

My advice is to buy from a local licensed retailer. ;)

This is how it has been explained to me.
Maybe some else know more about the details?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderdarth @ Apr 27 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1234170[/snapback]</div>
I would still contact MR about this issue as they may offer a very suitable solution in either case.

Dave
[/b]

I did. They did not get back to me. As stated numerous times before.

round and round we go.

If somebody needs to know if I have contacted MR, or Lucasfilm, or customs, or Lucasfilm's lawyer, please don't hesitate to ask me again. and again. And again.

We could also discuss a few more times if the items were bought in the us, or if they were gifts. Or if I am a dealer or not.

And if somebody needs to know if I have contacted MR, or Lucasfilm, or customs, or Lucasfilm's lawyer, please don't hesitate to ask me again. and again. And again.

Plus: we could discuss a few more times if the items were bought in the us, or if they were gifts. Or if I am a dealer or not.

Tim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ketzer.com @ Apr 27 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1234193[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderdarth @ Apr 27 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1234170[/snapback]
I would still contact MR about this issue as they may offer a very suitable solution in either case.

Dave
[/b]

I did. They did not get back to me. As stated numerous times before.

round and round we go.

If somebody needs to know if I have contacted MR, or Lucasfilm, or customs, or Lucasfilm's lawyer, please don't hesitate to ask me again. and again. And again.

We could also discuss a few more times if the items were bought in the us, or if they were gifts. Or if I am a dealer or not.

And if somebody needs to know if I have contacted MR, or Lucasfilm, or customs, or Lucasfilm's lawyer, please don't hesitate to ask me again. and again. And again.

Plus: we could discuss a few more times if the items were bought in the us, or if they were gifts. Or if I am a dealer or not.

Tim
[/b][/quote]
Exactly...

But don't bother trying to fight it Ketzer... it's the generic forum mentality of "don't read all the posts in a thread before posting".

Oh, and you can add, "It's another reason to not buy from/hate MR." to your list of repeats.

hi all

well i have just picked my MR maul fx saber up from customs over here in germany
i got it over ebay.com

but saying that most of you know that i got done over last year by LFL and his laywers here
and they made me close shop

i know that LFL has a shop load of laywers over here just for picking things out from merchendise to t shirts to dvds from ebay and customs

the customs told me that they resieved a few letters from LFL TO STOP AND CHECK ALL STARWARS KIT
coming into this country

after 4 months of contact with the customs and the LFL laywers i got to find out quite a lot about what they are up too

its also got a lot to do with who checks the kits at customs if he or she does not have a clue what it is you get it most of the time

but in some cases you get a smart ass who will then send the kit off to the laywers so they can check it out

to tell the truth i think its just typical german paper crap and that the so called towns want to cash in on everything just look at our post service and what they charge us for sending kit over seas now thats a joke

jay

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back