Luc Besson's Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Post-release)

Re: Luc Besson's Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

hmmmm I am cautiously optimistic. I can´t really see those two really young actors playing the characters when I look at the comics.

I've never heard of it before. Looks pretty interesting.

Looks interesting. Does that K-Tron look like that in the comics. Unfortunately, every time I see that style I think of that dude in Thor :)

MTV Behind the scenes clip:

[video]http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/1370606/josh-horowitz-gets-the-inside-scoop-on-the-set-of-valerian-2016-mtv-movie-awards.jhtml#id=1739612[/video]

I still think the actors are too young.

AND ...

am I the only one who gets distracted by her ... dark eyebrows?

Last edited:

I was lucky enough to meet Mezieres today in Haarlem and have a little chat with him while he was signing my comic and drawing me a nice picture of Laureline.

From our talk I got the impression he was very proud of the film and visited the set 'all the time'.

An absolute gentleman and a very charming and nice person to talk to.

It's all looking good so far...Eager to see the finished product.

https://twitter.com/lucbesson/status/744649146192134144

lucbesson:

" Editing finished!!!!
2hours 12 min 47 sec
Now time for VFX.
2734 shots and 300 days to go!!!
#valerian "

ClWGcQjUsAASWrq.jpg

danedehaan: " Kickin off a big day at #SDCC2016 with this new image of me in @ ValerianMovie! See you in #HallH at 1PM!! #Valerian "

Cn5QVDTVYAAATb9.jpg

SDCC Panel

devincf: Luc Besson takes the Hall H stage for the first time ever. Says he fell in love with VALERIAN at age 10.

devincf: AVATAR forced Besson to scrap his original script for VALERIAN.

empiremagazine: Besson retooled his sci-fi epic, and James Cameron ended up dropping by the set. #SDCC2016

devincf: Besson gets the Inkpot Award from SDCC, probably for ANGEL-A in particular.

devincf: Besson leaves the Inkpot on the podium and says he'll only take it home if the audience thinks he deserves it after we see VALERIAN footage.

devincf: VALERIAN concept art for planet of Alpha is nuts, hard scifi stuff. Intricate, lovely. Some BLADE RUNNER influence.

devincf: Now alien concept art. A dozen species at least. They're really cool! I hope they release this stuff - it's hard to describe.

briantruitt: Virginie Besson-Silla showing off some Valerian artwork. Movie takes place in 2700. Liquid and gas lands in Alpha concept stuff. #sdcc

empiremagazine: Valerian is set in the year 2700 and largely takes place on the mega-planet Alpha. It teems with weird and wonderful aliens. #SDCC2016

devincf: Weird panel: I have no idea what the movie is about but this extensive alien/spaceship concept art makes me want to buy an art book.

devincf: Besson is showing pictures from his recent vacation including his butt and his crashed boat.

empiremagazine: Luc Besson is now showing a slideshow of photos from his recent holiday, including close-ups of his foot and bottom. Help! #SDCC2016

devincf: VALERIAN footage: Dane DeHaan is doing a Keanu voice. FX is iffy (and unfinished) but visual imagination is AWESOME.

GermainLussier: Just saw 4 scenes from Luc Besson's 2017 scifi film Valerian. It looks insanely epic and fun. Fifth Element to the fifth power. #comiccon

devincf: In one sequence Valerian jumps off a platform and has a gun that creates little energy platforms for him to run across the void.

devincf: Cara Delevingne is awesome. She is funny and cool and hot. Rihanna shows up dressed as Sally Bowles.

devincf: The tone of VALERIAN seems to be classic adventure with exceptional design. Went from 0 interest to must-see after watching that footage.

empiremagazine: Just got treated to a chunk of Valerian footage. Featured robots, Hawaiian shirts, monkey/elephant aliens and Rihanna. Very Fifth Element-y.

JhovaniEstrada: Luc Besson receives a standing ovation after #Valerian first look is shown. *Mind Blown*

briantruitt: More than 200 alien species in Valerian. #sdcc

devincf: Besson just revealed FIFTH ELEMENT's Leeloo's full name but I couldn't possibly write it down. It's very long.

devincf: VALERIAN is set over a 24 hour period.

Cn6rqnrUkAE7ajZ.jpg

Last edited:

The reviews of the sneak peak look good. I hope this is the sleeper of the year, looking forward to it . Fun . What films used to be

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back