Limited Run LTD RUN: Studio Scale Y-Wing Nurnies, Limited to 30 Sets

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
thumb_IMGP0107_1024.jpg

For Sale: 30 Complete Sets of Y-Wing Nurnies for full-size studio scale (1/24) Y-Wing Starfighter model builders. You get everything in the photos above, plus a few extra goodies not pictured.

All the nurnies from 32 professionally made latex molds, specifically from Confirmed Donors for the Y-Wing, plus dozens of nurnies that are extras or "interpretive" greeblies. All told, you get nearly 1000 nurnies, or roughly .33/each. Many of these are relevant and useful to other models, including other Star Wars models, but the primary value and purpose of this set is for building a Y-Wing using Dave Goldberg's open source armature. Buying the original confirmed donor kits will cost you around $5,000.00 in 2017 dollars, and you get all the Confirmed Donors from all the kits I have (which is most of them) for $300.00.

$150 for sets of seconds/rejects/incompletes. $20 per mold, shipping included. All castings done with 7-minute Sil-Cast II resin, light tan in color, with smooth flat backing and thin easily-cut base connecting all pieces in a given mold. Some sanding and trimming required, but minimal.

First come, first served. Delivery takes about 2 weeks at current production rates. Shipping included in the cost, unless you live overseas, in which case I'll charge slightly more to cover actual costs. Will produce 30 castings, possibly a few more, until latex molds start to break down.
thumb_IMGP0120_1024.jpg
First Quality on the Left. Right Two are seconds/incompletes. With a little sanding, puttying, plastering (i.e., studio-scale model building skills you already have), you can save half the price on these.

thumb_IMGP0121_1024.jpg
Premium Quality Sil-Cast II resin castings, cast under 60psi, one mold at a time.

thumb_IMGP0107_1024.jpg
$300 for the full set, or $150 for a set of Seconds, or $20 per mold. Shipping included within the continental USA.

PM me for PayPal details and to send your address. There is no deadline on this run, just a limited number based on how many castings are made.

Attachments

• thumb_IMGP0123_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0123_1024.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 1,147
  • thumb_IMGP0122_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0122_1024.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 1,086
So from what I see these are Greeblies that will fit a 1/24 sized Y correct?

Not for someone wanting to build a replica Y from Episode 4?

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

These are 1/24 scale nurnies, appropriate for a replica Y from Episode 4, A New Hope. Many of the nurnies are for the sub variants among the original prop models.

So from what I see these are Greeblies that will fit a 1/24 sized Y correct?

Not for someone wanting to build a replica Y from Episode 4?

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

What you get (flat-molded, large enough to mold -- not double-sided molds, and nothing from below that is too small to mold)
1/35 Tamiya Panzerspahwagen 8rad nurnies
1/72 Sherman nurnies (but not super-tiny-too-small-to-mold pieces)
1/25 Tamiya Centurion nurnies
1/24 Airfix Hurricane nurnies
1/24 Airfix P-51 nurnies
1/24 MPC AV-8A Harrier nurnies
1/24 Bandai Shiden nurnies
1/48 Bandai Piper/Cessna 150/Aero Subaru 200/Beech Bonanza Lycoming engine nurnies/cockpit nurnies
1/48 Bandai Nashorn (engine thruster nozzle) nurnies
1/72 Airfix Handley Page 0/400 Bomber nurnies (except piping nurnies that go on engine dressings -- too small to mold)
1/48 Otaki P-51 Mustang (body nurnie only, NOT landing gear nurnies -- too small to mold)
1/48 Fujimi Japanese Navy Type 99 Carrier Dive Bomber nurnies
1/72 Airfix F4-E Phantom II "toothpaste cap" engine nurnie for neck bottom next to Morgan oil pan nurnie
1/16 Morgan nurnies (plate piece X2, and neck bottom piece X1)
1/35 Tamiya No. 89541, M551 Sheridan Part # A42, cupola top plate nurnie
1/35 Nichimo Jagdtiger nurnies, backplate for Y-Wing in original size, does not fit (too large) DaveG's armature, but can be cut down to fit.
1/35 Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen III Ausf. M/N nurnies, but NOT the gun barrel mount (double-sided mold) for nacelle-tie-downs, all other nurnies included, of which you need several
1/35 Italeri/Testors 155 mm Howitzer Gun M1-A2 nurnie, for upper fuselage cross section.
1/35 Tamiya 20 mm Flak 38 (Part #A70) nurnies
1/15 Bandai Hummel German 150mm Howitzer Self Propelled 4 SdKfz 165 nurnies -- all of them, and all you need
1/15 Bandai Tank 4 - rectangular piece nurnies
1/9 Kettenkrad nurnies, at least 2 track links, plus 2 bumps, and bottom hole-mount half-round piece, but NOT tow-hook pieces for nacelle-tie-down subassemblies (buy DaveG's Hong Kong produced set of 8 pieces, they are nearly flawless)
1/35 Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz 2511 part numbers B13 and B14 (but NOT piston rods for rear ventral controls, buy DaveG's set instead, they are perfect)
1/35 Tamiya 25 Pdr nurnies, of which you'll need lots, for bulkhead and other areas
Bandai 1/48 Schwimmwagen Type K2 nurnies, for sidewall dressings on 8rad neck pieces
Airfix 1/76 Amphibious Buffalo neck ramp piece (but NOT the super-tiny unmoldable pieces)
Airfix 1/76 Scammell Tank Transporter Part #58 modified trailer chase piece for lower fuselage
Roco 1/87 HO Z-132 HO Model Miniatures Minitanks No. 132 Sperrhindernisse Antitank Obstacles nurnies (for rear-of-engine trapezoid nurnies -- n.b. THESE may NOT be authentic, per DaveG's measurements, and his trapezoids are more accurate and available on Shapeways. This ONLY matters if you want a super-accurate Y-Wing of EXACTLY 38cm width in which case you need to purchase separately (for $45) a Tee-Plate of exactly 34.0cm)
AMT 1/25 International Payhauler nurnies, for lower fuselage rears section
1/12 Tamiya Yardley M23 nurnies
1/72 Hasegawa GMC CCKW-353 Gasoline Truck for part #15, crankcase for upper fuselage nurnie
1/500 Nichimo Musashi Conning Tower nurnie, SUPER RARE and hard to find
1/200 Nichimo I-19 Submarine plate nurnies to hold spinner/hub from Hurricane, you get blanks AND 2 completed subassemblies
1/600 Airfix Mauretania skylight nurnies
1/130 Frog Shell Welder nurnie, one piece only, for droid socket area on upper fuselage
1/600 Monogram USS Saratoga nurnies, Part #40/80 landing lights that go on upper fuselage midsection
00 Airfix Harrow train nurnies, but NOT the 2 super-delicate Harrow nurnies needed for rear vectral fin dressing
2 Castings of anodized heat sinks from Aavid Thermalloy -- these don't mold super-perfectly/accurately, but are included in each set in whatever form they come out in. If you're adding lights (heat-generating) to your model, you'll probably want originals made of metal.
Various/sundry 1/700 Tamiya ship nurnies (too many to list separately)
Numerous one-off pieces from the various 1/48 Bandai tank kits that are confirmed donors
All the bulkhead nurnies, including angled plating to make the substructure.
Literally DOZENS of pieces from either a.) the models listed above or b.) models not listed above that are "interpretive" nurnies for alternate dressing of your Y-Wing, or for use on other model projects. Of all the pieces, probably 30% are interpretive/alternative pieces.
You get a whole bunch of pieces you won't need, extras, and stuff you can use on your Millennium Falcon build b/c there's a good deal of crossover in the confirmed donors.
You also get a variety of pieces that are, in fact, too small to mold, but are included on some of the molds, and with which you can either a.) throw them out b/c they're junk, b.) use them as a size/reference guide to scratchbuild your own out of Plastruct/Evergreen, c.) use them anyway and hope a thick layer of paint will cover all sins, or d.) bitch and moan to me about how these pieces didn't come out well.

Basically, you get all the pieces necessary for the average Star Wars fan to say, "Oh Wow, a Studio Scale 1/24 Y-Wing!" while only the Officially Sanctimonious Rivet-Counters will be able to say, "Hey, wait a minute, where's the piece from X?" (n.b., on planet Earth, there are less than 10 Officially Sanctimonious Rivet Counters)

What you don't get:
1/93 Sealab nurnies (you get some, but not all of them -- future releases will include all of them -- i.e., once I get a complete/new Sealab and not the "already built" one I got on Ebay for $12 and hacked apart!)
1/24 Bandai Me-109 landing gear nurnies (double-sided mold, not made yet)
Nacelle Tie-Down nurnies -- I have an original mock-up, and may make a two-sided mold of it, but mine still won't hold a candle to the perfection of either DaveG's tie-downs or Tony's tie-downs on Shapeways.
Rear Vectral Shroud nurnies, control vanes, or anything on the rear vectral controls.
Engine Thruster inserts, nozzles, or fins (But you DO get engine interior nurnies, and you do get 2 Payhauler rim nurnies which hold the heatsinks perfectly.)
Various/sundry 1/700 Tamiya ship nurnies, many of which are too small to mold
1/600 Otaki Yamato nurnies (I can't find this ship anywhere, and I have friends in Japan, so if you find a casting, get it)
1/144 Airfix Saturn V nurnies -- you HAVE to buy 2 of these either way, so none of these nurnies are included
You don't get the Sat Can nurnies, b/c MasterPiece Models already does a 10-pack of those (Y-Engine Greeblie Pack), and for a great price (but you do get the Hummel "ramp" nurnies and Heinkel He 177 landing strut nurnies that are used on the Sat Cans, just not in sets of 10, you only get a few of each).
SOME of the Tamiya 1/35 Panzerspahwagen 8rad nurnies, that are too small/thin/delicate to mold. But you do get two of the neck sidewall pieces, and others)

Last edited:
As a recent recipient of this offering, I wholeheartedly recommend it. My castings were clean, crisp,flat on the back and many tiny bits. Arrived very quickly. Cant wait to start my build!

I'm gonna bump this for SK because I was so happy to get my 'nurnies' (I prefer the term greeble, but don't want to upset DaveG:lol) more importantly I know that DaveG has supplied a few things to some of us recently so its good timing

I love this trend,..people offering castings to built studio scale models.
I know it is part of the fun to hunt down kits and start a collection but damn does it hurt your bankaccount and family quality time.
For people who do not mind to stick resin castings to their builts,these kind of offerings are awesome(nicely priced aswell) and people can spent most of their time to actually built something instead of waisting time on ebay,...and keeping the biddingwars at a minimum:lol
I command everybody that is willing to offer castings/sets like these to step foreward ,..maybe we could dedicate a thread specially for this,..a donor kit parts library.
Good stuff being offered here!!

Got Accurate Tee-Plate?

thumb_IMGP0171_1024.jpg thumb_IMGP0172_1024.jpg
New Tee-Plate above, Old one below. Engine core screw holes are proportionally moved to wing's outer edge.

ILM studio prop Y-Wings were 38cm wide by 71cm long. To accurize your build using DaveG's open source code and armature, you'll need a different Tee Plate than the original Tee-Plates of 32.4cm width. After six iterations, I am of the following opinion:

A 33.8 cm wide Tee Plate will give you an exact width of 38cm after build-up (from Left outer engine nurnie to Right outer engine nurnie), IF you're using the Roco 1/87 anti-tank obstacle trapezoids as your outer engine nurnies.

A 34.0 cm wide Tee Plate will give you an exact width of 38cm after build-up (from Left outer engine nurnie to Right outer engine nurnie), IF you're using DaveG's super-accurized trapezoids (which is what I recommend). His trapezoids are 1mm shorter than the Roco trapezoid height.

I am now offering a limited number of 34.0cm Tee Plates available for $45 each, plus $15 shipping, or $60 total, slightly more if overseas. Shipping is free if you order more than one. PM me for details if you're interested.

Attachments

• thumb_IMGP0177_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0177_1024.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 654
  • thumb_IMGP0175_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0175_1024.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 660
  • thumb_IMGP0179_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0179_1024.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 675
  • thumb_IMGP0174_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0174_1024.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 637
  • thumb_IMGP0169_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMGP0169_1024.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 624
May 8 is the last chance to order nurnies until September 1st, as I'll be out of the country and out of the state for the summer beginning on May 13th. Everyone who has ordered by May 8 will have their shipment mailed by May 13. Regular production will return after September 1st.

I received a rather sizable box of goodies at the weekend and i have to say these pieces are a thing of beauty. Every detail is faithfully reproduced even on the tiny pieces. They are perfectly flat without thick basing. This bundle of nernie heaven truly represents years of collecting and $$$. Totally worth the cost. Thank you SK !

TWO (only) more complete sets available for the super-tiny window of opportunity between June 17 and 22nd, first come first served. Otherwise production doesn't resume until after September 1st and after some more molds are made. Currently am running low on super-accurized 34.0 cm Tee Plates, but have plenty of the original 32.4cm Tee Plates. PM me if you're interested in any of these. Also have what I'm calling the "random/incomplete bucket of leftover firsts" that anyone can claim for $75 with absolutely no rhyme nor reason as to what's in it, but if you're simply in the mood for a very affordable surprise, you'll probably like these. Chances are decent that if you're building your first Y-Wing, you'll be building another one soon one day, as more and more details and "accuracy" issues get corrected.

I also received a wonderful package of cast plastic model parts (greebilies or nernies) a vast amount of great plant ones. I would recommend this to anyone. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back