Lt. Ellen Ripley bust

wilysteve

Sr Member
Hello everyone and happy new year! :)

I've been away a while but wanted to come back and show my newly painted 1/2 scale Ripley. I had alot of fun with this. Hoping to do some more projects soon but for now heres some photos for you all to see....

DSCN3874.jpg

DSCN3877.jpg

sig1.jpg

DSCN3890.jpg

DSCN3867.jpg

DSCN3870.jpg

DSCN3885.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Steve.

Welcome back Steve! Ripley never looked better.

You should show off your Arnold, Paxton and Biehn sculpts to remind everyone of what incredible work you do.

I LOVE that!

It kinda looks like it's moving.

Like it's abstract, but not... with the use of color and textures...

IDK how to describe what I mean, so I hope you get that I'm complimenting your work!

Some people go for EXACT texture with silicone and hairpunching... and sometimes that IS better for a piece. But I REALLY like the vibe of this!!!

You really NAILED the feeling and essence of the Character and movie. Not just Sigorney Weaver in costume/makeup.

Very impressive work. Would truly like to see more! :)

Thanks alot guys! :$

Simmon M
Re: Lt. Ellen Ripley bust
Welcome back Steve! Ripley never looked better.

You should show off your Arnold, Paxton and Biehn sculpts to remind everyone of what incredible work you do.

Thanks for the welcome Simmon, its good to be back :)

Speaking of Arnold, did you ever get the hairwork done on yours?

OldKen
Re: Lt. Ellen Ripley bust
I LOVE that!

It kinda looks like it's moving.

Like it's abstract, but not... with the use of color and textures...

IDK how to describe what I mean, so I hope you get that I'm complimenting your work!

Some people go for EXACT texture with silicone and hairpunching... and sometimes that IS better for a piece. But I REALLY like the vibe of this!!!

You really NAILED the feeling and essence of the Character and movie. Not just Sigorney Weaver in costume/makeup.

Very impressive work. Would truly like to see more!

Thanks OldKen thats a very kind thing to say :thumbsup

I do know what you mean, the texturing is slightly heavier than usual because at this scale it needs to stand out. Its a very organic piece with alot of life, and movement is very important to me no matter how still the pose.

WOW Steve welcome back, awesome paint job and sculpt.
I have seen this piece in real life and it´s absolutely amazing guys.
This is still one of the best likenesses ever made in my opinion, and it´s
a lot harder to make woman.

Good luck on the sale and hope to see a life size version of Ripley one day:thumbsup

Your avatar looks like a movie still. That's awesome. Even my wife said 'Heeeeey, not bad' as she was passing by and stopped for a second look.

It's very impressive and alive !
You did a great job !

There is so many expressions in her eyes ....

You are very talented !

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back