Low Budget Aliens M41-A Pulse Rifle

Firespray

I decided to step out of the Star Wars universe and into the Aliens universe a bit. I'm a big fan of the Aliens movie, and always wanted a M41-A Pulse Rifle, (because they look so darn cool) but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. So let me introduce you to my low budget, (roughly $60) Aliens M41-A Pulse Rifle.
right_side.JPGleft_side.JPGIMG_6208.jpgIMG_6206.jpgIMG_6212.jpg

These are the two main items I purchased for this build. All other parts were scratch built.
Airsoft Franchi SPAS12 Shotgun. $36
Franchi airsoft.jpg
Airsoft Thompson M1A1 metal/plastic receiver. $8.84 (.99¢ winning bid on Ebay. Score!)
tn_Cyma_M1A1_Thompson_Replacement_Parts_021.jpg

And some photos of the build.
IMG_5596 copy.jpg

I had actually scratch built the receiver at this point. I tore it all down and rebuilt when I found the Airsoft version.
IMG_5608 copy.jpgIMG_5600 copy.jpgIMG_5674 copy.JPG
IMG_0232 copy.JPGIMG_0231 copy.JPG

Wow. Very clean build.

I was looking at a cheapie airsoft Thompson the other day, but your Thompson upper receiver looks much nicer than the low cost single action versions out there.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm glad to have the pulse rifle finally finished. I think I spent more time figuring out how I was going to build each part, and how it was all going to fit together, than I did on the actual build itself. For me, the shroud was probably the most difficult part of the build.

Dogless - The upper and lower receiver part I bought was super nice. It was a great find. I love that the upper receiver is metal and the ejection port has that nice metallic sound when pulled back.

LIAR!!!! NO way you built that for $60.00!!!!
Just to prove my point...I'll send you $60.00 so you can make me one.

Seriously....amazing!!!!!
--Ed

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back