Love and Hate WIP (Fallout)

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by DirtyWizard, May 9, 2012.

1. DirtyWizard

DirtyWizard New Member

For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is what I'm going for.
    [​IMG]

Alright guys, so I've finally gotten around to doing this, and this is what I have so far.

[​IMG]
    ^This is the sort of "before and after" pic. It shows what I started with. I have only completed one, but am about to start the other.

[​IMG]
    ^Just a few close ups of what I have done. This is all handmade, and by handmade, I mean, without the use of power tools :facepalm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^Fits like a glove!

[​IMG]
    ^What it shall soon look like. I just need to cut out another piece of wood to slap on top, cut out the letters out of foam-board or something, and make the spikes. :love

So that's all I have at the moment, so I am nowhere near done, but I'm getting there. Please give me any criticism that comes to mind!

2. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

Your photoshop skills suck! :p For the spikes, you can make a cone shape from paper and fill it with hot glue, then peel back the paper. Looks great so far.

3. DirtyWizard

DirtyWizard New Member

Ha, I know I know. But in my defense, it was using the doodle tool on photoBUCKET with just a mouse. I wish I had photoshop. :cry And on the hot glue idea, I'm sorry but I am just getting 1/2" thick dowels and sanding them down to a point, just to make them easy to paint. :unsure Thanks for the idea though!