Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk - 4" tall figure with Kenner inspired retro packaging

cking

Sr Member
Hi all,

Even though my Christopher Reeve Superman figure didn't "hit the spot" with as many people as I thought, I'm still proceeding with my plans to produce these figures that never got made in the late 70's / early-mid 80's for my own collection.
Next up - Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk. I've completed the backing card already, but now work has started on the computer sculpt which will be 3d printed and painted in classic Kenner style. I'm excited with how this is shaping up already.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 332
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 210
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 162
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 180
Here's the latest progress photo. The pose has been refined, more detail added to the expression. Just the hair and eyebrows to do now (plus some minor details like adding the belt loops and rear pockets to the pants).

Attachments

• C6.jpg
    C6.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 160
  • C7.jpg
    C7.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 148
  • C8.jpg
    C8.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 138
I really want a Spidey too but the problem is - how to do the webbing pattern? It wasn't raised webbing on the Nicholas Hammond suit but to stand a fighting chance of painting the correct web pattern on the figure, it would need to be either engraved into the figure (so a black wash could be applied and then wiped off leaving the black in the engraved lines) or raised. I am pretty sure that we could get everything right on it - mask details / shape / web shooter / belt cartridges etc - but the only thing that would let it down is not being able to paint the webbing pattern.

I don't know how long I can self-finance these figures though as sadly, there just isn't much demand for them. I wanted to have Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Nicholas Hammond Spidey, Gene Hackman Lex Luthor to fill in the empty bubbles with those cards but doubt I'll be able to get all of them done. Mezco are coming out with some decent 3.75 inch Batman TV Series figures that will look nice with my cards, so that's a few figures I don't need to worry about now as they will look great with my cards.

Here is the finished sculpt for my Lou Ferrigno Hulk figures. Next step - 3D printing!

Attachments

• Hulk-Final-201020.jpg
    Hulk-Final-201020.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 119
Tough crowd. I won't even bother showing the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure that is being worked on now.
I'm honestly very surprised that considering the amount of nostalgia and dare I say "love" for these characters as they appeared in the 70's / 80's movies and TV shows, there is such a lack of interest in what I've tried to do here. It really is pretty much just something for my own collection.

Last edited:
Tough crowd. I won't even bother showing the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure that is being worked on now.
I'm honestly very surprised that considering the amount of nostalgia and dare I say "love" for these characters as they appeared in the 70's / 80's movies and TV shows, there is such a lack of interest in what I've tried to do here. It really is pretty much just something for my own collection.
Keep these coming!

yeah i dont know why i havent seen this before but YES!

are you going to make the lou ferrigno one for sale?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back