LOTR Nenya Ring

starbuck179

Hey I'm new to the forum and I was hoping somebody out there would have access to some pictures of Nenya. I'm new to props but studying to be a jeweler so what better way to start!

I've got all the basic shots from the movie and internet but I'm looking for shots from the side or back to give me a better idea of how the stone is set. I know it's back set but how is it supported and designed from the back?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I'm new to the forum and I was hoping somebody out there would have access to some pictures of Nenya. I'm new to props but studying to be a jeweler so what better way to start!

I've got all the basic shots from the movie and internet but I'm looking for shots from the side or back to give me a better idea of how the stone is set. I know it's back set but how is it supported and designed from the back?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The stone actually floats loose inside of the ring.

The stone actually floats loose inside of the ring.

Yeah that does make sense. I'm guessing that the front floral design isn't bent to accept the stone, which only leaves the back to be moved since heat isn't good for CZ. I guess I'm just having a hard time seeing how it could move that much and still be structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back