LOTR Ext. Ed. blu-ray best price?

nwjedidave

Sr Member
Anyone know who has the best preorder price, and if there is any "trinkets" for specific retailers? (best-buy, wal-mart)

thanks in advance.

*EDIT* Amazon.com $83.99

Amazon usually has one of the better prices. However, it is hard to say until right before the release because stores usually have a sale during the first week to compete to get buyers. Also, you never know about an exclusives that a store might have that may influence a purchase.

Yea it was $20.00 cheaper (w/ free shipping) back in March. I didn't pull the trigger then, because as you pointed out, I would like to see what BestBuy and others might have for exclusives.

I recently pre-ordered a boxed set from Amazon, which right after it was released (and it arrived at my house), Amazon dropped the price $3 online - which they credited to my account. I have no problem ordering the LOTR BRD extendeds from Amazon. :thumbsup

Preordered from Barnes and Noble when they had the 50% off coupon in late March/early April. Came out to $41.99 + tax. The coupon is expired now, but B&N puts a coupon out like this periodically, so keep a look out.

bestbuy.com has a special.

It is $83.99 but you also can get an one ring with chain when you pre-order. It looks like it is the noble collection version (those were a mail in give away when the one of DVDs came out too).

Details here:
Free Exclusive Ring with The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Offer

There is also another collectors edition. It is $119.99 and it includes 6 pewter figures. This also has the one ring with chain offer when you pre-order. It also has free shipping.

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - Best Buy Exclusive - Blu-ray Disc

Doug
Do they list what exclusives come with each retailer ?

Frank: thanks for the link

If it is an exclusive they will state which retailer it is, but not sure if you can sort your searches based on exclusives.
see example of an exclusive:
Quigley Down Under Blu-ray

It really is a great place to keep up on the best deals, reviews and info for blurays. It also is a great place to be informed on any disc glitches so you can exchange for corrected versions. Had to exchange first release of Private Ryan due to factory error -- would not have known about it or how to deal with it without this site.

Doug

Hard to beat for me having Amazon Prime.

With the little time I have to get out to the store and have this option I have bought LOTS of stuff since joining. It's already well paid for itself and much more.

Well that, and I received an Amazon giftcard for Father's Day, so all said and done my total was $16.64!

Hard to beat for me having Amazon Prime.

With the little time I have to get out to the store and have this option I have bought LOTS of stuff since joining. It's already well paid for itself and much more.

Being disabled now (blind in one eye, legally blind in the other one), my family relies on Amazon for things that we'd normally buy at the store, like non-perishables, cereal, rice, etc. We have Prime, too, so shipping is never an issue. We just have to know 2 days ahead of time that we're about to run out of something so that we can re-order.

During the April 27th tornadoes here (and ensuing week without electricity or water), we DID have cell phone service, and I used my Amazon iPhone app to overnight food and supplies to us for only $3.99. We heard people on the radio complaining about not having supplies, batteries, food, etc., but thanks to Prime we were able to have it the next day and be comfortable until our power came back on. Having a somewhat "normal" existence is important when you have 2 kids in the house. ;)

So, yeah, Amazon is getting my money for the LOTR set. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back