LOTR: EE trilogy on BR - anyone get it?

Gigatron

Sr Member
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had gotten it and watched it? How does it compare to the dvd release (quality wise)?

Thanks,
Fred

Lucky ones...

Germany has become a Realese full of mistakes, wrong audio tracks, asynchron voices and green colour filter on the FotR disc...

So, waiting now for the new and overworked discs, warner has promised to us for free on august 1st...

I've watched Fellowship and half of Two Towers. I think the TINT hurts Fellowship during the bright sunny scenes, like in the Shire. The contrast just doesn't look right during those scenes. I'm judging it based on watching it on my projector. It may look better on an LCD or Plasma. Two Towers looked excellent.

Sweet

Excellent :cool.

Thanks, guys! I had an amazon gift card, so I went ahead and ordered it for the final price of $40. Can't wait :D

-Fred

I think the TINT hurts Fellowship during the bright sunny scenes, like in the Shire. The contrast just doesn't look right during those scenes. I'm judging it based on watching it on my projector. It may look better on an LCD or Plasma...

I heard about tint issue ahead of time but I honestly did not see this. I tried looking for it. Maybe I was expecting to be in-your-face. Great set which I recommend especially is you have never seen the Extended Editions. If you never seen these, it is like you are missing out on half the movies.

Finished watching the first disc of Fellowship. I'm please to inform everyone that the tint is not as bad as I had anticipated it to be. Gandalf still looked very gray, and a lot of other nice colors stood out even in the middle of all that green.

Now let's see how the snow portion looks. That will be the biggest test.

Finished watching the first disc of Fellowship. I'm please to inform everyone that the tint is not as bad as I had anticipated it to be. Gandalf still looked very gray, and a lot of other nice colors stood out even in the middle of all that green.

Now let's see how the snow portion looks. That will be the biggest test.

wait... its still in two part discs? :confused...... :unsure ................. :angry ............ :angry .........

Fuuuu...!.jpg

UGGH!!! That was the ONE THING that royally pissed me off about the extended DVDs. That two part thing just reeks of watching long movies on VHS, having to get up and swap tapes. I could kinda understand the definition limitations of DVD being a factor in it's split, but I had hoped that a Blu Ray release would fix that pesky problem. They could do it with Troy's directors cut, and MAYBE Gone With the Wind if I recall correctly... but WHY not LOTR??? I am just dumbstruck and baffled....

either way... I'm STILL getting this... maybe will wait till X-Mas when it comes down a tiny bit.

UGGH!!! That was the ONE THING that royally pissed me off about the extended DVDs. That two part thing just reeks of watching long movies on VHS, having to get up and swap tapes. I could kinda understand the definition limitations of DVD being a factor in it's split, but I had hoped that a Blu Ray release would fix that pesky problem. They could do it with Troy's directors cut, and MAYBE Gone With the Wind if I recall correctly... but WHY not LOTR??? I am just dumbstruck and baffled....

When it comes to a movie that's over three hours long, there's a good reason for this. This is from thedigitalbits.com's review and they touch on this subject.

"Like the DVD release before it, the high-definition presentations of all three films in this set have been split over two discs, in this case BD-50s. While I've no doubt some will complain about having to get up and change discs, I'm EXTREMELY pleased that this was done in order to max out the video and audio data rates with the least amount of compression. The Rings films have so much detail, texture and action that they really need room to breathe on disc - even in high-definition. I'm very pleased they've gotten that room. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise - it makes a REAL difference. The added data space and lower compression significantly enhances the dimensionality of the image. All you need to do to see it is watch the scenes in Rivendell - there's remarkable depth visible. The improvement almost knocks you over. The presentation is rich, nuanced... stunning."

So chill out and take it for what it is. The best possible presentation these movies can get with the given technology.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back