Lost Vader New name Jarvis Fullheaded Vader

Jarvis B

This is the newest addition to my Vader helmet collection , complete with rear shell and lower neck piece .
IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lost Vader

Sorry for a possibly dumb question, but what´s the deal with this cast?

I remember the original Vader mask was sculpted with a "rear" shell, but Prowse found it to be too uncomfortable so it was shortened/ removed.

It THIS a cast of a production-made helmet or a fan-made representation?

Anyway...interesting ;)

Markus

Sorry for a possibly dumb question, but what´s the deal with this cast?

I remember the original Vader mask was sculpted with a "rear" shell, but Prowse found it to be too uncomfortable so it was shortened/ removed.

It THIS a cast of a production-made helmet or a fan-made representation?

Anyway...interesting ;)

Markus

May I re-ask my question!?

Markus

The Lost Vader is a fan sculpt inspired by the plaster Vader and descriptions I've read over the years , I built it for no other reason than no one else had one available and I thought it would just look darn cool . I intentionally sculpted the add on's to look rough and uneven much like the forehead of most Vader face plates . I hope that I at least got close to what the original looked like but with no photo's to go by who knows .

Hope everyone enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed showing it .

Jarvis

The Lost Vader is a fan sculpt inspired by the plaster Vader and descriptions I've read over the years , I built it for no other reason than no one else had one available and I thought it would just look darn cool . I intentionally sculpted the add on's to look rough and uneven much like the forehead of most Vader face plates . I hope that I at least got close to what the original looked like but with no photo's to go by who knows .

Hope everyone enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed showing it .

Jarvis

Thanks for clarifikation...great job then :):thumbsup

Markus

Well while I wait for photo bucket to get it together I'll show what I have ready to go .
This last year when I lost my job of 17 years to a bankruptcy Darth Stone was kind enough to allow me to use what rubber I had on hand and make a mold of his 20 century faceplate , that mold was retired several months ago out of respect for Kent . This mask started out as a modified 20th cen turn into an ANH , I decided rather than finish as just another ANH I would do something different what I called the lost Vader .
I saw one pic of the plaster Vader ( A side view ) and read a thread where Brian Muir gave details on the original sculpt, with that I started my new project .
Here's the pics I have so far of the progress of the build .
IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

Very cool. Sorry if you have already mentioned this, but what is the original mask before you build it as a "head".

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back